[Scpg] {Path to Freedom} Video Screening: Escape from Affluenza/ Seed Swap

Dervaes dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Tue Oct 5 14:38:23 PDT 2004

GARDENLAB - Week Five

Come join Path to Freedom this Saturday afternoon at the gardenLAb
experiment for these scheduled events.

Scheduled Events

10|09_ gardenLAb saturday #5

_ 10:00am - 8:00pm _ reception _ pasadena "tenderland* opening reception: all day (www.tenderland.org)

_ 2:00 - 4:00pm _ tours _ *los angeles urban ranger* campfire programs and guided hikes

_ 4:00 - 4:30pm _ presentation _ * tree people* taking action towards a sustainable Los Angeles.

_ 5:00pm _ MERCHANTS OF COOL (tentative title)_  video screening presented by *path to freedom*

_ 7:00pm _ ESCAPE FROM AFFLUENZA_  video screening presented by *path to freedom*

When:  Saturday, October 9, 12 pm till 7pm
Where:  the gardenLAb experiment
              in the wind tunnel
              art center college of design
              950 south raymond, pasadena, california
              visit www.gardenlab.org for details on the calendar & the projects
Cost:   FREE

A "FLU" FOR ALL SEASONS -- AFFLUENZA
Video Screenings

_ 5pm_ Merchants of Cool is a FRONTLINE documentary about teenagers today and how they have more money and independence than ever before. Their lives have become the object of obsessive focus by corporate America. Their tastes, attitudes and aspirations are sampled and re-sampled by marketers wielding the latest scientific tools to determine exactly who they are and what they want. ( 65 min )

_ 7pm_ Escape from Affluenza is a  PBS special providing practical solutions to the problem of "affluenza" - an epidemic of stress, waste, overconsumption and environmental decay. Escape from Affluenza shows how some Americans are calling a halt to keeping up with the Joneses and abandoning the consumer chase.  ( 50 min )

Achoo...  Affluenza affects everyone in our society.   See how to apply an ounce of prevention....

When:  Saturday,  October 9, 5 - 8 pm
Where:  the gardenLAb experiment
              in the wind tunnel
              art center college of design
              950 south raymond, pasadena, california
              visit www.gardenlab.org for details on the calendar & the projects
Cost:   Suggested donation.  No one will be turned away for lack of funds

SEED SWAP
Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders.
~  Henry David Thoreau ~

Join us at the gardenLAb for our Fall Seed Swap.

Bring seeds, envelopes, containers and trade with fellow seed enthusiasts.
To make the trading run smoothly, beforehand make a list of seeds you "HAVE
to trade" and of seeds you "WANT".

Participants will be allowed to set up personal displays of their seeds --
"marketplace" version of seed swapping, whereby people negotiate individual,
material exchanges with each other.

Even if you don't have seeds, bring along barterable goods to trade instead.

When:  Thursday, October 14, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Where: the gardenLAb experiment
              art center college of design
              950 south raymond, pasadena, california
Cost:   FREE  -- Please RSVP
Please bring some healthy snacks and drinks to contribute to the "munchies
table"

PATH TO FREEDOM
A Sustainable Living Resource Center
Jules Dervaes (founder)