[Scpg] Wilderness Youth Project's CULTURAL MENTORING WORKSHOPS

Kolmi Majumdar kolmi at wyp.org
Thu Oct 7 13:30:56 PDT 2004

CULTURAL MENTORING WORKSHOPS - Projects of Wilderness Youth Project and
Mentoring for Peace
These 3 days workshops offer an experiential learning journey into the
powerful and universal tools of mentoring and self-discovery.
CREATED FOR: Parents, Teachers, Camp Counselors, Anyone Interested in
Mentoring, Self-Discovery or Community Building.

CULTURAL MENTORING 1: Fri, November 5 – Sun, November 7
$295/adult   $75/youth   (previous participants may volunteer for $100)

CULTURAL MENTORING 2: Mon, November 8 – Wed, November 10
$225/adult   $50/youth

Includes healthy food and camping

Limited scholarships available

LOCATION: Cuyama Learning Center (we are in process of creating
permaculture design plans here)
2 hours drive from Santa Barbara, off the Highway 33, in Santa Barbara
County.

To register or for more info call (805)964-8096
visit www.wyp.org/documents/culturalmentoring.htm
or email info at wyp.org

Wilderness Youth Project recognizes and honors the value and importance
of our connection with nature and its powerful universal tools.  Come
explore these tools with us in our experiential weekend learning journey
and uncover the lessons of nature as a window into ourselves and as a
way recognize and remember our ancient connections to our youth, our
families, our communities, and the earth.

We will discover the subtle ways of effecting change as we learn:  (1)
how to decipher and use our genetic learning code (2) activities that
bring us in touch with our awareness, and our powerful and versatile
“wild brain”(3) how to recognize our true selves, and the gifts we carry
(4) how to recognize & support others true selves and gifts through
right action and mentoring (5) discover ancient intuitive and learned
survival tools that allow us to be in the world, but not of it (6)
inspire life-long learning in self and others as an essential
responsibility to the generations of children yet unborn.

Rediscovering these tools and how to use them will help to bring people
to a deeper sense of our responsibility as a human on this earth, and
how to share that with people in your life.  Humanity is at the
threshold of a new understanding about its role as a species in the web
of life. Nature, of which sprouts all that sustains us, holds the seeds
of building and nurturing community where our lives are lived
respectfully, honorably and in balance as caretakers and stewards.  Join
with us for this unique weekend of discovery, remembering and depth
learning.