[Scpg] {Path to Freedom} November Events: Knit Together

Dervaes dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Tue Nov 16 09:12:29 PST 2004

Hello everyone!

Hope you are enjoying this wonderful fall weather.

No, we haven't dropped off the face of the earth, and we haven't moved out of the country as one recent email asked . well, not right now at least. :-)

We've been away from the homestead to visit an ailing grandparent in New Orleans and are now busy with the many chores that have accumulated.

In addition, scheduling any major public events here at PTF are postponed for the time being.  In the next few weeks, we'll have to go back to New Orleans and settle affairs there.  As soon as everything is settled (hopefully by the New Year), we will be putting together some events.  Stay tuned.

Castaway...

However, will be hosting a
KNIT-TOGETHER (and Crochet Too!)
When:  Tuesday, November, 30, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cost:   FREE
Please RSVP and bring snacks and drinks to contribute.
Hope to see you then!

Fun with mud...

Also, we'd like to know how many of you'd be interested in an all day COB OVEN WORKSHOP ($65-$80 sliding scale)   If you would like to attend, please let me know so that we can gauge the interest.  Once we get enough people willing to attend this workshop we plan to host a workshop (and possibly a Pizza Party!).

Interested in knowing what a cob oven is?  A cob oven is an oven constructed out of earthen material and is both functional (great for baking bread, cookies and pizza) and aesthetically pleasing.  The process of building a cob oven is part of the fun.  Folks take their shoes off, roll up their pants and dance with new or old friends until the sand, clay, straw and water underfoot are well mixed.

Living soil...

We're also gauging the response to a BOKASHI WORKSHOP WITH EFFECTIVE MICROORGANISMS (EM)  ($ Donation TBD)  Interested?  Please let us know.

Learn how to use this novel Japanese composting method to reduce kitchen waste into living soil.  The EM (Effective Microorganisms) approach allows individuals, households, communities, farms, schools, public services and other utilities to practice an ecologically preferable way of dealing with soil and waste and improving the environment.

These helpful, beneficial, natural organisms include lactic acid bacteria, photosynthetic bacteria, fungi and yeasts. When these organisms are present in the soil, they stimulate productivity and vitality. They purify the water and air present in the soil and excrete nutrients and enzymes, including amino-acids and antioxidants. The result : an excellent environment for plants and animals and the answer to sustainable food production.

Wishing everyone a bountiful harvest season.

Blessings,
PTF team

PATH TO FREEDOM
A Sustainable Living Resource Center