[Scpg] Permaculture Design Course in Western Washington

Marisha Auerbach queenbee at herbnwisdom.com
Sat Nov 27 15:34:18 PST 2004

Permaculture Design Course:  Earth Healing with Our Plant Allies
February 20 - March 5 2005
held at the Sahale Retreat Center, near Olympia, WA

A two-week intensive Permaculture Design Course
We will cover the necessary permaculture curriculum as well as focusing on
strengthening our relationships with the plants for ecosystem restoration.

This permaculture course teaches how to design productive and beautiful
plant systems in rural and urban areas.  The instructors are skilled
growers familiar with thousands of plant species.  We will cover methods
to restore degraded ecosystems in cities, agricultural areas, and
overgrazed, polluted, or disturbed environmetns by enhancing and speeding
up nature's natural recovery processes.

This course will impart permaculture principles and methodologies which
can be applied anywhere in the world.  Through lecture, slide shows,
discussion, observation, field trips, and hands-on activities, students
will develop the practical skills and knowledge necessary to design and
implement sustainable systems that are in harmony with the natural world.
We will cover hundreds of crops which can provide family needs or cash
income.  Medicinal herbs will be a major focus.  Although this Course's
focus in on the Northwest, participants from other bioregions are welcome.

Working with Plants to Heal Ourselves and the Planet!

Instructed by Michael Pilarski (Friends of the Trees Society) and
Marisha Auerbach (Queen Bee Flower and Gem Essences, Herb'n Wisdom)
and guest speakers

Course tuition:  $950
Tuition includes housing, food, instruction, and instructional material.
$250 deposit holds your place ($100 non-refundable).  Some partial work
trade positions and scholarships available.

For further information contact:
Marisha Auerbach
6420 Shawn Dr. SW
Olympia, WA  98512
(360) 943-5262
queenbee at herbnwisdom.com
www.herbnwisdom.com
www.friendsofthetrees.net

Course topics:
* Permaculture Principles	* Permaculture methodology
* Large Property Design	* Edible Landscaping
* Tree Crops			* Organic Gardening
* Organic Agriculture		* Natural Building
* Livestock Raising		* Urban Permaculture
* Appropriate Technology	* Intentional Communities
* Observation Skills		* Site Analysis & Design
* Ethnobotany/ethnoecology	* Water Harvesting
* Irrigation			* Dry Land Strategies
* Ecosystem Resoration	* Native Plant Restoration
* Erosion Control		* Bio-engineering
* Bio-remediation		* Windbreaks, Hedgerows
* Medicinal Herbs		* Wildcrafting
* Seed Collecting & Seeding	* Tree Planting
* Aquaculture/ponds		* Integrated Pest Management
* Sustainable Forestry		* Permaculture Networks
* Barter Economies		* Ecovillage Design
* Patterns in Nature		* Ecological Design
* Ecovillages			* Flower & Gem Essences
And more
.

Queen Bee Flower Essences
Herb'n Wisdom
www.herbnwisdom.com
www.wildthymefarm.com

"Martin Prachtel, a guatemalan shaman says a way to replenish one's soul
and to connect with heartening magic is to just start with five sq feet of
your house in which everything you have is made by someone you know.
Knowing who did the painting, who grew this apple, who made this cup, and
who grew the herbs that made the tea, that's intimacy. Reverent living is
essential for our effectiveness in the world."