[Scpg] BOOK SIGNING & TALK With Starhawk Earth Path: Grounding Your Spirit in the Rhythms of Nature, Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 7pm

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Dec 7 00:11:51 PST 2004

Santa Barbara Permaculture
Network
Contact: Margie Bushman, 805)962-2571

BOOK SIGNING & TALK
With Starhawk
Earth Path: Grounding Your Spirit in the Rhythms of Nature

Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 7pm,  $5

         How do we stay connected in an alienating world?  How do we bear
the pain of Earth's destruction?  For people new to the ideas of blending
earth-based spirituality with political action on behalf of the planet and
its peoples, please join activist and author Starhawk on Wednesday,
December 8, as she discusses her new book, Earth Path:  Grounding Your
Spirit in the Rhythms of Nature.  The book shows us how to hear what the
Earth tells us, understand her rhythms and cycles, and act to protect and
restore her well-being.  In so doing, we heal our own spirits, and become
whole once again.

         Starhawk (www.starhawk.org) is a committed global justice activist
and organizer.  She is the author and co-author of ten books, including The
Spiral Dance, The Fifth Sacred Thing, and the award-winning Webs of Power:
Notes from the Global Uprising.  Starhawk is a veteran of progressive
movements, from anti-war to anti-nukes, and a highly influential voice in
the revival of earth-based spirituality and Goddess religion, and has
brought many innovative techniques of spirituality and magic to her
political work.  Together with Penny Livingston-Stark and Erik Ohlsen, she
teaches Earth Activist Training (EAT), intensive seminars that combine
Permaculture design, effective activism, and earth-based spirituality
(www.earthactivistraining.org).
         The talk and book signing will be held on Wednesday, December 8,
7pm, at the Santa Barbara Central Library, Faulkner Gallery, 40 E. Anapamu
St, for a donation of $5. Please call Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(www.sbpermaculture.org), (805) 962-2571 for more information, or email
sbpcnet at silcom.com.  Event sponsors are, the SB City College Students
Sustainability Coalition, the Santa Barbara Permaculture Network,  KCSB
91.9. and Hopedance Media

-end-