[Scpg] 2005 Permaculture Design Course: Los Angeles FIRST TWO WEEKENDS OF MARCH, APRIL & MAY 2005

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Dec 12 21:40:47 PST 2004

-Please Post-Please Forward-

2005 PERMACULTURE DESIGN CERTIFICATE COURSE: Los Angeles, California
EcoUrbanism and the Future of Sustainability
Natural Building * Green Home & Garden Design * Green Business * newEcology
* Practicing Democracy * EcoVillage Community & More...

Permaculture is the art and science that applies patterns found in nature
to the design and construction of human and natural environments...

Homeowners, Land Managers and Design Professionals can learn simple and
elegant ways to save time, save money and save the Earth's precious resources.

The Permaculture Design Course experience has truly transformed the lives
and enhanced the careers of thousands of people around the world.  Join us
in an exciting process of remodeling our homes and renewing our
neighborhoods and refreshing our cities!

DATES:

FIRST TWO WEEKENDS OF MARCH, APRIL & MAY 2005

PART ONE  March 5-6 and March 12-13
"Fire, Water, Earth & Air... New Ecology and Sacred Geometry":

Introduction to Permaculture and Natural Pattern Understanding

The first two weekends will cover an in-depth introduction to Permaculture
Design & Ethics of Earth Care with a special presentation on reading the
patterns of the landscape. A simple foundation for understanding indicators
of sustainability and other patterns of the natural world.

PART TWO  April 2-3 and April 9-10
"Food, Water, Shelter & Energy... Earth-Friendly Techniques & Technologies":

Sustainable Resource Management, Building the Home Ecosystem.

The second part will focus on: easy techniques for designing, remodeling &
building a complete green home, alternative energy & fuels, restorative
agriculture and natural building, as well as learning ancient techniques
for earth stewardship and land restoration.

PART THREE   May 7-8 and 14-15
Creating Community... Self-Reliance, Eco-Village and Eco-Economics:

EcoVillage Design and Community Celebration

The final sessions will feature: community building & "creating a sense of
place," patterns of human dynamics, intentional communities & eco-villages.
We will also learn strategies for creating community-wide sustainability
and methods for finding our own right-livelihoods.  Design team
presentations and awards. Very special MotherEarth Day celebration and
talent show!

Six Weekend Intensive Features:

AN ALL-STAR TEACHING TEAM
Join the finest gatherings of veteran Permaculture Teachers and
Internationally Acclaimed Educators and Leaders in the Worldwide
Sustainability Movement...

Teaching Team is led by LARRY SANTOYO, Director, EarthFlow Design Works &
The Center of Natural Design with very special guests including: JUDE
HOBBS, Director, Agro-Ecology Center; TOBY HEMENWAY, Author, Gaia's Garden;
SCOTT PITTMAN, Director, The Permaculture Institute, PENNY
LIVINGSTON-STARK, Founder, Regenerative Design Institute -with other local
experts and guest speakers.

LOCATION
The Los Angeles Eco-Home is an ongoing living research center that
demonstrates ecological living in an urban environment.  The EcoHome is a
restored and retrofitted California style bungalow (circa 1911) that shows
how simple but wise property improvements can make your home warm, friendly
yet environmentally sound and healthy.
<http://www.EcoHome.org>www.EcoHome<http://www.EcoHome.org>.org

Other venues and field trips will take us in and around Los Angeles...

HANDS ON LEARNING
Design Exercises, Observation Skills, Innovative Gardening Techniques,
Natural Building Techniques, Sustainable Landscape Construction, Art in the
Garden & More...

NEW & EXPANDED CURRICULUM
This course meets all requirements for Certification and also includes new
and expanded material including:  Natural Building with Cob, Straw,
Earthbags, Bamboo, Alternative Fuels, Human Dynamics, Deep Ecology,
Eco-Urbanism, MicroVillage Development & More...

MOTHER'S EARTH DAY CELEBRATION
In our final session, students will host a community Eco-Trade Show, Crafts
& Culinary Fair... featuring very special entertainment with the infamous
Talent Show...

REGISTER FOR ALL OR PART
Each weekend is designed to build on what we have learned in the previous
sessions -but any day can be easily attended on its own.  Full attendance
is required for Certification.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Silverstone at  (323)465-7653 or email
<mailto:David at GreeningPlanet.Com>David at GreeningPlanet<mailto:David at GreeningPlanet.Com>.Com.

In cooperation with:
Greening Development and Consulting, EcoHome, HopeDance Media, Santa
Barbara Permaculture Network,South Coast Permaculture Guild The Terra
Foundation, The Permaculture Institute, PatternLiteracy.com, EarthFlow
Design Works,