[Scpg] Rain, Rain, Rain - City Repair Reschedule

camille cimino camcim at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 08:55:11 PST 2005

City Repair and Eco-Village Folks -

A group of us (Lara, Camille, Ray, Khara, Andrea and
me) met up this
evening to work out the details of the intersection
repair mural
design.  We refined the design that many of us had
worked out in
December.

The unfortunate thing is that the weather forecast is
telling us that
it's
supposed to rain on Friday, Saturday and Sunday... so
we put our heads
together... and decided that it makes sense to not try
to paint this
weekend (especially after having seen our last attempt
wash away in the
rain).  We will not be painting this Satuday January
8th as planned.
We've
tentatively re-scheduled for Saturday February 12th -
keep an eye on
your
email for confirming this date.

This Saturday, we still plan to do some
rain-compatible work on a
native
garden project, some carpet removal, and possibly
designing and
building a
kiosk... so, even though we won't be painting the
street, there will be
projects that folks who shows up can participate in.

Let's all be happy that our dry region is getting such
a richness of
rain
these days... and look forward to painting on a dry
day soon.  Thanks
all the folks that have shown interest.  If you have
any questions or
suggestions, contact one of us listed below:
Camille Cimino (213) 480-8002 camcim at yahooo.com
Lara Morrison  (213) 383-8684 laraeco at hotmail.com
Joe Linton  (213) 380-3754 joelinton at earthlink.net
Lois Arkin (213)738-1254 crsp at igc.org