[Scpg] LOCATION/Jan 13, Permaculture Mtg/Monte Vista School Santa Barbara

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Jan 10 13:43:53 PST 2005

Hi Everyone

Our next Santa Barbara permaculture guild meeting will be held at Monte
Vista School, hosted by Judy Sims, who has graciously allowed us to use her
classroom for the Thursday, Jan 13 meeting (6:30-9pm).  Judy has
implemented among other things a School Gardens program, a Native Plant
Nature Trail, and school farmer's market, so lots for us to see.  She hopes
to encourage volunteer participation in a new fruit tree planting project
for the school, so look out, you might get swept up by her enthusiasm, find
yourself  involved in a true community spirited program.

Directions to Monte Vista School:

Monte Vista School, 730 Hope Avenue (cross street is State Street, near La
Cumbre Plaza)
located up from State Street (towards mountains), about half a mile, on the
right.  Curb and parking lot OK for parking at this time of day.  Look for
Room #1, located just at the top of the school entrance stairs, turn right
and go through two gates, (either side of staff garden patio, behind staff
room), to K yard and back door of classroom.

Feel free to bring snacks to share, they are always welcome.

-end-
Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order
to grow." - Anonymous