[Scpg] Organic Farmer Seeks Housing in Santa Barbara Area

Chrys Ostrander chrys at thefutureisorganic.net
Mon Jan 24 20:55:57 PST 2005

Organic Farmer Seeks Housing in Santa Barbara Area

I'm a 47 year-old man who has just moved to the area from Washington State.
I'm employed as a gardener at the Pacifica Graduate Institute's Organic
Market Garden. Currently I'm living near Solvang, but I will need soon to
move to a place closer to Summerland, where the Institute is located. I can
afford $500 per month, preferably including utilities ($550/mo. tops).
Anywhere from Goleta to Carpinteria and inland-- just so I don't have to
put so much greenhouse gas and hydrocarbons into the air to get to work
(and maybe get an hour or so of my life back).

I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't use drugs. I'm concerned with
living as sustainably as possible. My diet is almost 100% organic. I'm
primarily vegetarian (I eat dairy and eggs) although a few times a year I
may have meat if it's organic and local (and someone else is buying). I
have a beautiful 7 year-old daughter who will be living with me for as much
as three months at a time (a photo of her is on my website). I also have an
eighteen year-old son who lives in Washington and who might visit for two
or three weeks in the summer.

I'm seeking a situation in a shared environment to keep my costs down. I'd
love to live in a place that has pleasant spaces with peaceful, like-minded
people who are earthy, cooperative and into simplicity. I'm handy around
the house, can fix things, help in the garden, milk the goats, etc.

Please contact me, thanks:

Chrys Ostrander
1720 Alamo Pintado
Solvang, CA 93463
805-693-5108
chrys at thefutureisorganic.net
http://www.thefutureisorganic.net

Low-cost Web Design for the Progressive Community
http://www.thefutureisorganic.net/emlwebweaver2.asp?mail=webweaver@thefutureisorganic.net