[Scpg] 2/21 1-3 Benefit, organizing, celebrating for local legend Zeke the Sheik the compost freak!

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 16 13:52:33 PST 2005

Hello friends and family!
I am inviting you to come out to support a dear dear one.  Tim Dundon,  aka Zeke, is the creator of a compost pile that is a monument to regeneration and renewal for all who visit.  He is a local legend with fans all over the globe.  His pile teaches, inspires, and motivates many.  Part of it also happens to fall on a piece of land between his two properties that is owned by the local cemetary.  They have never been fans of the big compost pile.  The idea of a thirty foot compost pile/garden is confronting to many people!  The cemetary folks want him to remove the pile from the land so they can sell it.  (I wonder if we could work something out with them to lease the land or to even purchase it?!!)

The intention of the event is to gather and plan, to talk and celebrate what the pile is.  Bring snacks, drinks, musical instruments and any donations you can muster.  We can picnic in the park next door!
Please RSVP to me (Joan) at 323-630-4673 or reply to this email. Spread the word!  Bring friends!
Tim's address is 20 W. Mountain View St.
Altadena, CA 91001
His number is 626-794-1351.

"People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore"  Andre Gide