[Scpg] Common Vision coming to Anne G's Permaculture Ranch Santa Barbara CA Wednesday, March 9th

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Mar 7 05:57:15 PST 2005

Dear Friends,

The Common Vision Fruit Tree Tour www.commonvision.org  is coming soon to
Anne G's Permaculture Ranch. Their two veggie-powered school buses will be
pulling in on Tuesday afternoon and our 25 traveling, drumming, dancing,
fruit-tree planting friends will be hanging out with us on the ranch all
day Wednesday before heading off to Monte Vista School on Thursday morning.

Here is what we have planned for the day...

Please come and join us for this exciting event at any point along the
way........

Wednesday, March 9th  (flexible schedule)

7am --- Yoga in Anne G's yurt

10am ---  Organic pancakes and chai down at the shop (please RSVP!)

12:30 --- Tour of Anne G's Permaculture Ranch followed by a Common Vision
fruit tree planting in the avocado orchard for the children from San Marcos
Parent-Child workshop.... and anyone else who wishes to join the show.
(also includes:  bee presentation by JC, bio-diesel conversion discussion,
wood shop tour and more....)

1:15 ---  Organic Picnic lunch (made by our beloved Rachel (b-day girl))
(please RSVP!)

2pm  ---- Work party in the Avocado Orchard where we will be planting
starts, digging beds, and sipping lemonade in our new garden.

2pm-5pm --- relax, jacuzzi, hang out, and get ready for the gathering

5pm till ??? There will be a drum/fire circle,  potluck  in Anne G's yurt
and hang out space in the Saudi Arabian tent. We can drum until about 10,
after that winding down to more low-key acoustic instruments.  We will also
be celebrating Rachel's birthday and the New moon is at 1:10am.

PLEASE CAR-POOL
....Whenever you decide to arrive, carpooling is highly recommmended as the
parking situation
is a bit limited here...when you drive in please make sure to connect with
the parking
attendant at the driveway to direct you to the next available spot....and
email me if you need
a ride or would like to offer one.

FOOD
Please bring vegetarian finger food and/or drinks for the fire/drum circle
on Wednesday evening.  We will be making fresh lemonade.

Also, please RSVP by replying to this email if you are coming for lunch
and/or breakfast so that we can make sure to make enough!

CAMPING
We would love to have you!!  Please RSVP by replying to this email for more
information if you want to camp out.

We would love some help getting ready on Tuesday and cleanup help on
Thursday would be great too....

DIRECTIONS
Take 154 to Old San Marcos Road and make a left, keep going down the
mountain about 1.5 miles until you see the sign that says
"FRUIT TREE TOUR STOP" the address is 1900 Old San Marcos Road.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call !
Jamila and JC  ph # :  683-5763
or email jamila at sbnatural.com

You can check out Common Vision's website at:  www.commonvision.org

Look forward to seeing you all!

Jamila, JC, Roxanne, Rob, Anne G, Rachel, Harmony, and Sweet Pea.