[Scpg] Eric Abrahamson

Eric Abrahamson ericabrahamso at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 15:21:10 PST 2005

   Dear Friends:

   I just don't have time to write another letter like the one here I
   just sent to David Silverstone ([1]david at greeningplanet.com), teacher
   of the 2005 LA Permaculture Design Certification Course, so maybe you
   would be so kind as to reply and answer the questions I have asked him
   here?!

   Eric

   Eric Abrahamson
   1449 Wellesley Ave. #214
   Los Angeles, CA 90025
   310-826-5260
   [2]ericabrahamso at hotmail.com

   Dear David:

   I just read the description of the permaculture certification course
   on tribe.net.  I have a rather unusual request, so please bear with
   me.  Last summer I was a Summer Steward at Lama Foundation in Taos,
   NM, who offer permaculture and many other courses.  I want to go back
   this summer.

   Though it is not vitally important that I am accepted to this
   particular Lama program, the one that interests me most is called Land
   Stewardship Training, taught by Rico Zook.  The only pre-requisite is
   permaculture certification.  I am contemplating getting this
   certification here in L.A. in time for Rico's course which begins in
   New Mexico on May 15.

   Obviously, yours is not ideal, with the final day the same as Lama's
   start day, and having already missed the first weekend.  So my first
   question is:  Can you direct me to similar programs in the area?

   My second question involves finances.  I can afford Lama's $2200 fee
   (including room and board)  on my $800/month SSI check.  However, a
   course like yours would be impossible for me to do here where I am
   living in a board-and-care home on a $954/month SSI check with
   $111/month cash after the $843 room and board.  My second question
   is:  Do you know any way I could get the permaculture certification
   before May 15 for some kind of work exchange, work-study, or full or
   partial scholarship?

   This is probably a pretty tough question.  All does not rest on this
   ability, however.  I can probably get accepted to the Summer Steward
   program again, which is about 1/2 the price and only a week less than
   the Land Stewardship Training in the beautiful Lama Mountains (4
   months total).  One, I am trying to maximize the time I can spend up
   there this summer.  Two, I would rather be engaged in permaculture
   than the cooking and cleaning required of Summer Stewards!

   So, whatever your response, I will make myself be happy.  Thank you
   ever so much for your time in responding to this request.

   Sincerely yours,
   Eric Abrahamson

   [3]Find files on your PC instantly with the new MSN Toolbar Suite beta
   FREE!