[Scpg] Cultural Mentoring Series 2005

Kolmi Majumdar kolmi at wyp.org
Mon Mar 21 14:36:03 PST 2005

Wilderness Youth Project's 2005 CULTURAL MENTORING SERIES

We are offering three weekends in 2005 that uncover various aspects of
mentoring. We will explore how people from all over the world have
cultivated culture as their primary source of education and nourishment
and
how these natural methods foster mentoring relationships. Each workshop
can
be taken separately or for a broader understanding of mentoring - come
all three!
Cost:  $295 for each weekend or enroll in all three for $795.  Includes
dinners and camping.  Breakfasts and lunches are potluck.
Group size will be significantly smaller/more intimate than in years
past to
facilitate deeper work.  Register early to ensure a spot!
*Please call for details about children's program (805)964-8096

To register:  Email us at info at wyp.org  OR  go to
www.wyp.org to download registration forms.

CORE ROUTINES OF MENTORING  Friday April 29 - Sunday May 1, 2005
**Registration due by Wednesday April 20
Relationship awareness is at the very root stock of where all mentoring
takes place. These relationships may occur between people, the earth, a
story, a red tailed hawk or within the myriad aspects of your inner
landscape. By activating our own senses, and inspiring others to do the
same, we are able to open up to the layers of subtlety of the natural
world
for ourselves and for our communities. Consequently we are better able
empathize with all life and engage in healthy mentoring relationships.
The
more we are able to tune in to the subtleties happening around us, the
better equipped we are at being effective guides. You will leave the
weekend
with a toolbox of highly effective mentoring tools and personal routines

that can be used in your journey as a mentor and a peace walker. We will

explore the many layers of core routine philosophies such as:
	Sensory integrity exercises
	Peacemaker principles
	Quieting the mind
	Origins teachings
	Daily rituals for awareness and reflection
	Myth and Storytelling
	The Science of Mentoring

MENTORING AWARENESS - October 7 - 9, 2005
Two of the most challenging aspects of mentoring are having clear
intentions
and balanced communication. We are all limited by seeing the world
through
our own filters which may not allow us to fully sense how the other
person
is interacting with the world around them. Awareness of our own filters
assists us in being open communicators in all of our relationships.
Becoming more aware of who you are, your place in the world, and the
unique
destiny you carry will feed the hungers of integrity and help you be a
living model in your mentoring roles within your community
Release and nourish an effective mentoring strategy by:
	Uncovering the layers of meaning embedded in teachings
	Understanding and application of the natural flows of learning
	Profiling the open channels and roadblocks of development
	Finding your deepest question
	Compassionate communication
	Understanding methods of discovery

COURTING AN INTACT CULTURE - November 4 - 6, 2005
How can we create healthy, intact communities that foster diversity and
celebrate individual and communal gifts? Awaken to our habitual cultural

tendencies and learn to ignite sparks that will feed the fire of an
intact
culture. Find balance in yourself and learn ways to fully claim and feed

your strengths to foster the sustainability of your family, your
neighborhood, society and ultimately the world. Bring back community
building tools by:
	Exploring the roots and usage of ceremony and ritual
	Developing a Hero Culture
	Reflecting on the essential value of rites of passage
	Weaving the natural world and community
	Allowing creativity to flourish