[Scpg] Rare Opportunity, Don't Miss It!/Cob Workshop with Ianto Evans/SB City College Lifescape Garden

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Mar 22 07:55:55 PST 2005

Cob Bench Building Workshop with Ianto Evans
(Author of "The Hand-Sculpted House" Chelsea Green publish.)
March 25, 26, 27th (fri,sat,sun), 10-3pm daily.
Location: Santa Barbara Community College Lifescape Garden (East
Campus Point)
Cost: $10 for materials and to go towards honorarium for Ianto.

***Slide Show, Sat. evening, March 26, 7pm (SBCC East Campus, Rm #162)
Slide Show Cost: $5

Fun, Mud, Family, Friends, and a lessons from one of the most well
known and respected natural builders in the world.  It is going to be a
great time!
Ianto Evans of Cob Cottage Company (www.deatech.com/cobcottage) is an
applied ecologist, landscape architect and pioneer in earth structures
(cob), with building experience on six continents.

Wear old clothes, old shoes, bring gloves, and tarps for mixing the cob if you
have one.  Bring a brown bag lunch and snacks to share.  Home baked goods for
morning and afternoon tea especially appreciated. Come for one day or all, or
just stop by to visit, all are welcome.  Bring your kids and your creativity,
if we have interest, and parents to supervise, will make cob Easter Eggs
(bring
water based paints & paint brushes).

Sponsored by SBCC- Student Sustainability Coalition & Santa Barbara
Permaculture Network (www.sbpermaculture.org).  For more info call
805.962-2571

P.S.  What is Cob?  A method of building walls or sculptures using clay
soil, sand, and straw.  Similar to what our ancestors have been doing for
thousands of years all around the world.  It is one of the simplest, most
accessible earth building techniques known.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous