[Scpg] [TSP] Request for PARADE OF GREEN BUILDING Volunteers! Santa Barbara Ca

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Mar 28 23:07:23 PST 2005

*************************************

Parade of Green Building 2005

Santa Barbara's Tour of Sustainable Buildings & Gardens

A Presentation by John Knott & Reception

Friday Evening, April 29th

6 pm Reception, 7 pm Lecture

Santa Barbara Natural History Museum

Tour of Sustainable Buildings & Gardens

Saturday, April 30th

9 am - 5 pm

Santa Barbara, Goleta, Montecito & Ojai

Request for Volunteers!

On behalf of The Sustainability Project, we invite you to partake in the
5th annual Parade of Green Building as both a volunteer and participant!

As a volunteer, you are asked to donate up to 3 hours of your time at the
Friday evening lecture and/or Saturday at a Parade site to help make this
wonderful event the best it can possibly be.  For further detail on
volunteer opporunities, please scroll to the bottom of this email.

In return for your time, we will give you a regular priced ticket of $15
for FREE, giving you access to the home base at the Hayward Design Center
as well as all 14 green buildings and gardens showcased throughout Santa
Barbara, Goleta, Montecito and Ojai!  In the following weeks after the
Parade, we will host a thank you dinner party as a sign of our gratitude
for your hard work and passion put towards the Parade.  Hope to see you there!!

If you are interested or would like more information, please contact the
volunteer coordinator, Adam at
<http://us.f307.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=adam_miguel@yahoo.com>adam_miguel at yahoo.com
or go to the TSP website,
<http://www.sustainabilityproject.org/>www.sustainabilityproject<http://www.sustainabilityproject.org/>.org.
To help in the volunteer outreach effort, a volunteer flyer can be sent to
you for placement in an area of high visibility.  Thank you.

-----------

Volunteer Opportunities

If you have a preference for a time period during the weekend event, please
note multiple options and we'll do our best to suit your request. Please
also include your phone number in your response.

There will be a meeting for all Parade volunteers on Saturday, April 16th
at 3:00 in the David Gebhard Public Meeting Room of the Santa Barbara city
offices at 630 Garden St.

1) For those interested in learning a greater depth to the development of
green buildings and sustainable gardens, the Parade is seeking volunteers
to design educational displays for the Parade Sites.  Perfect for those who
want to contribute, but can't make it to the day of the Parade.

2) Friday - Reception/John Knott Lecture @ Santa Barbara History Museum

      -cooking in the afternoon (5 spots from 9:00-12:00, 12:00-3:00)

      -set up for lecture in the evening and take down (8 spots from
3:30-6:00 + take down)

      -set up and reception (8 spots from 4:30 - 7:00)

3) Saturday - Homebase @ Hayward Design Center

      -food court/ticket sales/clean travel depot/info booth/workshop

         (30 spots from 8:45-11:15, 11:15-2:30, 2:30-5:00)

4) Saturday - Parade Site

      -tour guide/site assistant/ticket checker

         (85 spots from 8:30-11:30, 11:45-2:15, 2:15-5:00)