[Scpg] {Path to Freedom} April Events

Dervaes dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Thu Mar 31 09:26:02 PST 2005

HAPPY SPRING!

CALENDAR OF EVENTS: April

>PTF will be guests @ Spring Celebration of the Healing Power of Nature  -- MOA, Art of Life Science Institute, West Hollywood / April 3,  6:30pm

> Knit-Together (crochet too!) - This month's contest: Bring in your oldest "WIP"

PTF will be participating in:
> Earth Day Celebration - All Saints Episcopal Church, Pasadena / April 17,  8:00am - 12:45pm
> Greening the Earth Day - Memorial Park, Pasadena  / April 23, 11am - 3pm
> Earth Day Comes Alive - Audubon Center at Debs Park  / April 23,  1pm - 4pm
> EarthWeek @ UCLA - tba
and more...

WHAT'S NEW

> Check out Path to Freedom in April 05 issue of ORGANIC STYLE ("A Grassless Society")

> 'Path to Freedom'  power point presentation. Interested in hosting PTF? Contact dervaes at pathtofreedom.com

> New 'Urban Homesteading Journal' format :  www.pathtofreedom.com/journal

> Improved PTF Message Board :   www.pathtofreedom.com/neighborhood    (Stay tuned for our newly designed website and sustainable community portal!)

>  BIODIESEL:  Unfortunately, we have not yet hear back for sometime from our "surprise speaker" whom we had been arranging a biodiesel workshop with.  Hopefully we will get a reply soon.  The "Biodiesel Bonanza" was originally scheduled for March, but the guest speaker was unable to make it and suggested the event to be re-schedule for April.  As soon as we hear anything we'll be sure to let everyone know.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

> EVENTS:  PTF will be "on the road" in April and will be visiting venues around the southland.

Stop by these events:

Spring Celebration of the Healing Power of Nature - MOA, Art of Life Science Institute, West Hollywood /  Sun, April 3,  6:30pm  http://www.serenityspaces.org/special.asp

Earth Day Celebration - All Saints Episcopal Church, Pasadena /  Sun, April 17,  8:00am - 12:45pm

Greening the Earth Day - Memorial Park, Pasadena  /  Sat, April 23, 11am - 3pm (Note: our biodiesel suburban will be on display at this event)

Earth Day Comes Alive - Audubon Center at Debs Park  /  Sat, April 23,  1pm - 4pm  http://eco-now.net/earthday.html

KNIT-TOGETHER (crochet too!)
Cast-away with yarn enthusiasts

WHEN:  Tuesday, April 12
TIME: 7:00  - 9:00  pm
FEE: Free for knitters and crochetters.
Event includes a potluck.  Please bring some snacks or drink to share.

"Creativity, spirituality and meditation are all linked" ~ Peg Butler ~

Join us for our monthly knitting circle gathering.  It's the perfect way to relax, meet others, practice your technique and skills, share favorite patterns or show off your latest creations.

CONTEST: This month, bring your oldest WIP ("work in progress") piece.  The oldest WIP of the lot gets a prize!

(Pretty soon, when the weather warms, up we'll be able to move the gathering back into the garden!)

Look for these events (and more!) coming soon:

MAY:
> RE-MINERALIZE THE EARTH with Andy Lopez (the "Invisible Gardener")
> COBOVEN WORKSHOP with Ray Cirino

TBA:
> PTF FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
> SEED SWAP
> BIODIESEL BONANZA with surprise guest (details are suspended... waiting for a reply)
> THE FUTURE OF FOOD

PTF will be participating in:
> BIKE SUMMER LA 2005 / June 26th.  Join bicyclists for an "Eco Ride" and more!

PATH TO FREEDOM
A Sustainable Living Resource Center
Jules Dervaes (founder)
631 Cypress Ave