[Scpg] April 11/New Zealand Restoration Project Lecture/SB Botanic Garden

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Fri Apr 8 13:34:25 PDT 2005

Restoration Projects in New Zealand

Monday, April 11, 2005,  5:30-6:30 p.m.

Learn about Mark Dean s restoration work with local community groups in New
Zealand, like "Tane Tree Trust", which promotes the economic use of native
trees, and "Trees for Survival Trust", a Rotary based initiative that fosters
the growth of trees by school children. Mark is committed to promoting
environmental restoration and sustainable business practices in New Zealand
and
abroad.

Instructor: Mark Dean, founding chair of the New Zealand Horticulture Industry
Training Organization. He also works as a consultant, and is director of a
native plant advisory business called "Natural Environments".

Location: Blaksley Library, Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, 1212 Mission Canyon
Road,
Santa Barbara, Calif

More info, 805/682-4726, ext 102

Fee: $5

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous