[Scpg] Fwd: Earth Day Celebration

kassa at commonvision.org kassa at commonvision.org
Wed Apr 20 10:42:59 PDT 2005

Greetings,

We wanted to remind you of our event on Saturday, April 23rd in San Juan
Capistrano.  The afternoon workshop and evening keynote will feature the
renowned author, Duane Elgin, (www.awakeningearth.org)  We have activities for
everyone which include: organic gardening, a Creek walk, a natural earth
building workshop, and an organic dinner.

We're asking for your support by forwarding this announcement onto anyone you
think might be interested in the event.  Additionally, we've attached a
printable flyer to distribute to friends, businesses and the community.

If you have any questions or if you would like to register please call at
949-481-4040.

Michelle Spieker                            Deanna Moore
michelle at cherishedself.com           moodea at wildmail.com

                       EARTH DAY CELEBRATION
                        SATURDAY, APRIL 23 2005
                        Afternoon Workshop 1 - 4 pm

                        Duane Elgin and Coleen LeDrew look beneath the surface
turbulence of our times to explore the deeper trends that are transforming our
world. Coleen has an MA in Cultural Anthropology and Social Transformation. See
Duane's bio.

                  Emerging Ways of Living Sustainability, Simplicity & Community
                  Join us for an inspiring workshop to discuss this pivotal time
in history and what we can do in our personal and collective lives to build a
promising vision for the future. Explore simpler, more ecological ways of
living Learn about sustainability Expand your connection with community and all
of life.

                  1 - 4 pm $15.00 (Childcare available for $3.00 per child per
hour.) Click to buy a ticket.

                  Organic Dinner 7 - 9:30 pm
                  Duane Elgin is author of Voluntary Simplicity and Promise
Ahead. He's been in the forefront of exploring humanity's evolutionary journey,
sustainable living and the convergence of the new science with the world's
wisdom traditions. www.awakeningearth.org

                  The World at the Tipping Point
                  Join us for an organic dinner and interactive presentation
with Duane Elgin. The evening will begin with an organic meal made with local,
fresh produce prepared by Deanna Moore. Following dinner Duane will share
unprecedented Earth changes and teach us ways we can pull together to create a
positive future. He'll lead us in mini-conversations and give us fresh insights
into our journey ahead.

                  7 - 9:30 pm $25.00 (Childcare available for $3.00 per child
per hour.) Click to buy ticket.
                  (Please bring your own plate and utensils)

                  Morning Activity Fair 10am - 12:30pm
                  Everyone is welcome to come and browse our environmental
booths and participate in the activities.

                  Organic Gardening
                  Hands-on activities include seed planting, tools for organic
gardening, and tasting local organic fruits and veggies.

                  Children's Nature Walk
                  Children of all ages join us for an outdoor adventure of San
Juan Creek. We will be planting native wildflower seeds, conducting stream
surveys & having fun!

                  Natural Earth Building
                  Hands-on activities include creating your own cob piece and
learning the art of earth building.

                  Morning Activity Fair:
                  When: April 23, 2005
                  Time: 10am to 12:30pm
                  Cost: FREE

            27121 Calle Arroyo Ste. 2200, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
            (949) 481-4040  http://centerfortruth.org
            To be removed from our list, send a blank email to
remove at centerfortruth.org.

----- End forwarded message -----

www.earthsite.net