[Scpg] May 26 "The New Alchemy: Transforming Water and Soil" 7pm Embarcadero Hall Isla Vista

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue May 24 04:46:44 PDT 2005

UCSB "2005 Creating a Sustainable Future: Ecology, Ethics and Design" Our
Education for Sustainable Living

ALL EVENTS ARE FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

Thursdays, 7-9 PM, Embarcadero Hall, 935 Embarcadero Del Norte, Isla Vista
from March 31st to June 3rd

SPEAKERS & THEIR TOPICS

SPRING SERIES:

May 26 "The New Alchemy: Transforming Water and Soil."
Dr. Chiu-Nan Lai, Director, Lapis Lazuli Light Institute.
Bob Cannard, Restoration Ecologist/Organic Farmer.

June 2 Living Systems and Social Thought
Elisabet Sahtouris, Living Systems Design Theorist, Author

The series was created through an inspired collaboration with the following
community groups: Walter H. Capps Foundation; Institute of Reverential
Ecology; Walter H. Capps Center for the Study of Religion, Ethics & Public
Life; Occidental Art and Ecology Center; El Capitan Canyon Campground; SBCC
Student Sustainability Coalition; Ocean Futures Society; Institute of World
Culture; La Casa de Maria; University of California Education for
Sustainable Living Program; and International Society for Ecology and
Culture., Hopedance Media, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
For more information please contact:Our Education for Sustainable Living"
http://orgs.sa.ucsb.edu/esl/ connect at simplylive.org