[Scpg] NextAid is breaking ground in South Africa and we need your help!

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Jun 19 09:05:35 PDT 2005

Dear friends, family, and friends of NextAid,

NextAid is breaking ground this July in South Africa! The kids and adults
in Dennilton are so excited about their child support center being built
and we are too!  We are still short of our fundraising goals which will
enable us to meet our building needs while we are there.

Joe Kennedy, the eco-architect fulfilling our vision, has recruited 2 other
amazing experienced natural builders and trainers from Builders Without
Borders
(<http://www.builderswithoutborders.org>www.builderswithoutborders<http://www.builderswithoutborders.org>.org)
to come and help teach the local community how to build using technologies
that are sustainable and affordable. Two students in architecture and 2
Ashoka (<http://www.ashoka.org>www.ashoka<http://www.ashoka.org>.org)
fellows will also be joining us, each bringing their expertise and cultural
background into the mix to ensure a completely successful kick-off for the
multi-purpose center project.

We have also planned a 3 day AIDS Peer Education Program (PEP) with Wendy
Arnold, the founder of an extremely successful program based in LA and
operating in 23 countries. Wendy will already be in South Africa, so we are
lucky to have her also come to Dennilton.

Other activities, such as music sessions, theater, art, young kids
activities will also take place during the July workshops.

All those going to Dennilton are pitching in to cover costs but we still
have quite a bit to go.  Please see the attached description of our
training program. In addition to travel costs of the trainers, we need food
for the local participants of the workshop (15 adults for the building, 40
for the Peer training), accomodations, building materials, ground
transportation, and more.

This is probably the most crucial moment for us and your help now will make
a significant impact.  It would be really great if donations could be
received by June 28th. Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. Or
you can contribute via the website donation button
<http://www.nextaid.org>www.nextaid<http://www.nextaid.org>.org  Thank you
so much for your support!

Checks should be made out to:

NextAid, A Project of Hope for Africa