[Scpg] Reminder: Jon Young at Worc in Malibu, this Saturday

Peg Butler peg at digservices.com
Thu Jul 21 10:22:07 PDT 2005

/Space is still available for this upcoming workshop!/
It's going to be a lively, nature-based event held outside on the deck
beneath some beautiful old live oaks on the Wright Organic Resource
Center's 24 acre landscape.  Please come on up and join us.
It's sure to be a fun and memorable day.  Bring your bathing suit for a
swim in the pond after the workshop. Partial scholarships available.
Call Peg. 818.591.8992

*/Revitalizing Awareness/*

A Nature Awareness Workshop with Jon Young
at Wright Organic Resource Center
Malibu, CA

Saturday, July 23, 2005

*10:00 am to 2:00 pm*

$50 suggested

Bring a lunch

Inspired by his childhood mentoring with tracker and author Tom Brown,
Jr., Jon Young has pioneered the blending of Native mentoring techniques
from around the world with the tools of modern field ecology. Through
the art of tracking, bird language, coyote mentoring, working through
the senses and the heart to restore our natural place within ourselves,
Jon's teachings reactivate the natural blue print with in us all. In the
end it gives us a better understanding of nature, community and
ourselves.  For this half day workshop, Jon, with his engaging
storytelling style, will lead us on a journey to discover ways of
revitalizing our awareness and tapping into our senses.

Space is limited, please register early.

Wright Organic Resource Center
24680 Piuma Road, Malibu CA 90265
818.591.8992 ph
818.591.0116 fax
www.elwright.net/wrightway <http://www.elwright.net/wrightway>

The mission of Wright Organic Resource Center is to educate and activate
people to be creative and environmentally responsible in all aspects of
life.  We provide opportunities for people in the Los Angeles area,
especially youth, to experience the legacy of Frank Lloyd Wright and
Organic Architecture, encouraging the creative integration of Nature,
Art and Community.  Our goal is to spark the imagination of people who
come to the Center and activate them to envision and participate in
building a socially and environmentally connected world.
http://www.wildernessawareness.org  http://www.jonyoung.org

WORC is a project of Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs (SEE).
www.saveourplanet.org <http://www.saveourplanet.org>

*Jon Young will also be speaking in Laguna on Sunday July 24th. Contact Deanna Moore at 949.981.8067

*
Directions to the Wright's land - 24680 Piuma Rd, Malibu:*

 From Sunset Blvd. and Pacific Coast Highway, it should take 20-30
minutes. From 101 and Las Virgines, it should take about 20 minutes.
Please allow plenty of time for the trip, it's a steep and winding road
up the hill.

*Beach Route*
Take the Pacific Coast Highway to Las Flores Cyn. Rd. in Malibu. (across
from Dukes Restaurant). Las Flores Cyn. Rd. is 4.8 miles from Sunset
Blvd. and 9 miles north of the 10 Freeway.
Take Las Flores to its termination and then turn right onto Rambla
Pacifico (after a short while, Rambla Pacifico becomes Piuma Rd). Follow
for 2 miles, the last mile is down hill.
Turn left onto dirt driveway - 24680 Piuma Rd. You will see a pine tree
and a wooden sign that says "Wright." Please be certain that you have
the correct address before entering the property.

*Valley Route*
Take the 101 Freeway to Las Virgines Rd. Take Las Virgenes south to stop
light at Piuma Rd., approximately 5 miles.
Turn left onto Piuma Rd. Go 5 miles uphill.
Turn right onto dirt driveway - 24680 Piuma Rd. You will see a pine tree