[Scpg] {Path to Freedom} August happenings

Dervaes dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Thu Aug 11 09:06:18 PDT 2005

News:

Survey Says!  Readers, we'd like if you could take come time to answer a "Peak Oil" Survey that Jules has put together.  By filling out this survey you will help us with the project we are working on for Sol Fest by determining what people's thoughts are on this vital subject.

Website Update:   PTF's new open source portal (aka "Trail Guide")  is up and awaiting content.  We are looking for volunteers to help build this online sustainable resource center.  Interested?   Register users can add links, news and articles on over 150 sustainable subjects. By utilizing this online guide we can share ideas with one another to facilitate a self-sustainable system, preparing for our survival to hedge against future collapse and creating the possibility of shifting the paradigm.

We look forward to your contributions.

Homestead Report:  The cob oven is nearing completion!!! We are grateful to Ray Cirino and all those who participated in the making of the oven.

Last night we cooked a pizza in the oven and it turned out beautiful. A pizza party is in the works so stay tuned!

Photos of this magnificent oven can be found at www.pathtofreedom.com/photogallery

Surplus :  Summer has not only brought with it heat but surplus vegetables from the garden.  If you would like to be put on our produce availability please email us.

Hot Off the Press:  David Room & Julian Darley (of Post Carbon Institute)  interview with Jules Dervaes at http://www.globalpublicmedia.com/interviews/433  where he speaks about their urban homestead project.

For more details on what's happening visit our newly designed online journal at www.pathtofreedom.com/journal
Events:

LIVING IN A POST CARBON WORLD
'Where a Step Backwards Is Progress'

WHEN: AUG 21, 11am-12pm
WHERE: Sol Fest, Hopland California

WORKSHOP
Through incorporation of backto-basics practices, permaculture methods, bio-intensive farming and band-aid technologies such as biodiesel and solar energy, Jules Dervaes has transformed his 1/5 acre city lot into a beautiful, bountiful micro-“Eden.” This workshop is about getting the skills, brains and guts needed—here and now—to empower us to be The Survivors.

More information visit: ttp://www.solarliving.org/solfest2005.cfm

Sol Fest '05 Rideshare/Carpool:

Interested in getting a ride or being driver up to Sol Fest, contact dervaes at pathtofreedom.com

It would be helpful if you could let us know which options you would prefer:

1. if you have a car and would like to take along passenger(s) (how many?) to help contribute to the gas & camping fees

2. if you rather not drive and would like to be a passenger

3. don't have a reliable car, but would rent a car if you could get enough folks to contribute to the rental cost

We will try our best to make arrangements for everyone -- putting them intouch with interested parties.

PATH TO FREEDOM
Sustainable Living Resource Center
& Urban Homestead

Jules Dervaes