[Scpg] {Path to Freedom} Sept E-Calendar

Path to Freedom dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Sun Sep 25 07:51:02 PDT 2005

PATH TO FREEDOM - A pioneering journey towards self-sufficiency

~ FALL UPDATE~

* Potential Film Screenings  - TBA
* Pizza Party -- Sunday, Oct 9th
* New PTF Brochures
* 'Introduction to Biodiesel' available for download

 :: view the expanded, html version at www.pathtofreedom.com/ecalendar.htm  ::

Greetings fellow travelers,

With the change of seasons comes a change in the format of PTF e-calendar (see www.pathtofreedom.com/ecalendar.htm ).

We hope this new format will make it easier to read and include more tidbits of the latest projects and steps we have taken in our journey.

Our trip to San Francisco to attend Sierra Club's 'Sierra Summit' was quite an adventure and educational experience.

We had the opportunity to pre-screen and meet the directors and film subjects of the The Real Dirt on Farmer John , Kilowatt Ours and Monumental - David Brower's Fight for Wild America.

Plans are "still up in the air" for PTF's Fall Calendar and we need your input whether we should go ahead with hosting film screenings. We'd like to know which, if any, of these films (listed at www.pathtofreedom.com/ecalendar.htm ) would you be interested in seeing?

See you along the path,
PTF

P.S. Thank you for all your email of concern for our relatives in New Orleans during hurricane Katrina. Thankfully our relatives evacuated, but we still are unsure if they have a home and livelihood to "come home to."

PTF FLICKS
Schedule to be announced...

Read the synopsis of potential films and place your vote online at www.pathtofreedom.com/ecalendar.htm

Would you be interested in attending a screening of Kilowatt Ours either Saturday, November 26 or Sunday, November 27?

PTF would like to know how many of you would be interested in attending such a screening during the Thanksgiving holiday since many of you may be out of town.  Thank you for your input.

PIZZA PARTY
Sunday, October 9th ( 5pm - 9pm )
Cost:  $5  suggested donation

Join Path to Freedom and others from the community for an evening of food and fellowship as we experience an alternative and ancient way of cooking and celebrate the completion of the rocket-cob oven. This wood-fired oven was hand-built with clay, sand and straw and is the product of the hard work and enthusiastic effort of a "community".

Come and relax in a garden setting, sharing in music and discussion and dine on wood-fired organic, vegetarian pizzas provided by American Flatbread Pizza.

This will be a potluck so must bring something to contribute (drinks, fruit, chips, or a dish). If you are a musician, bring your musical instrument and join others in an impromptu sing-along.

SPECIAL GUEST: Meet Ray Cirino, of Cobanation. an experienced and innovative cobber whose instructions and efforts made this beautiful oven possible.

Space is limited so please RSVP @ www.pathtofreedom.com/outreach/events/pizzaparty.htm

::NEWSWORTHY::

* The 16page Introduction to Biodiesel is now available for download at www.pathtofreedom.com/biodiesel

* PTF's new, eco printed brochures are available upon request at dervaes at pathtofreedom.com

* Peak Oil Survey results are in. Visit www.pathtofreedom.com/ecalendar.htm for results

Path to Freedom
An Urban Homestead & Sustainable Living Resource Center

Jules Dervaes (founder & director)
631 Cypress Ave
Pasadena, CA  91103
phone: 626.795.8400
email:  dervaes at pathtofreedom.com

Follow our path...
Intensive Food Production, Energy Independence, Biodiesel, Citified Farm Animals, Water Reclamation,  Appropriate Technologies & More!
web: www.pathtofreedom.com