[Scpg] Mark Lakeman Slide Show - Fri Oct 7 pm Santa Monica

camille cimino camcim at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 15:57:51 PDT 2005

Create the City You Want to Live in~ Meeting of the
Minds & Slide Show

Date & Time: Friday, October 7; 7:00 PM
Location: Green Building Resource Center
2218 Main St.; Santa Monica, 90405
More Info: www.cityrepair.org

Create the city you want to live in!!
Be inspired by Portland City Repair’s Visionary
Architect
Mark Lakeman

It’s time to take back our space and make place
'''
All across the U.S. residents long for a sense of
community.
Portland’s City Repair (www.cityrepair.org) slide show
examplifies
successful grassroots action to reclaim public spaces.
City
Repair is about cities, towns, grids and the
intersections where
our lives converge. Multidisciplinary, City Repair
combines
architecture, urban planning, anthropology, community
development, public art, permaculture and ecological
design in
projects that transform public space.

Reclaiming Public Spaces
Slideshow & Meeting of the Minds
Friday Oct 7th 2005 7PM
$5 - $15 (sliding scale)

For Information,
call 213.738.1254 or 503-459-1345
email: Katrina at cityrepair.org

*Mark Lakeman inspires and guides participants in
reconfiguring
America’s typical car-dominated grid structures into a
vital social
commons. Now a national movement.

*Kachina Katrina will be following up with projects
and community
events here in LA, linking us together.

**The City Repair Project is my main background, and
have been called
down to the City of Angles to do this work and
community organizing.
This is one of the first more formal meeting of the
minds to move forward
in creating the city WE want to live in. Plese join us
and flow with
the inspiration!! There is much to do and learn about.

more coming soon~ stay tuned in!! Double check*

Kachina Katrina*

Community Organizer
katrina at cityrepair.org
503-459-1345