[Scpg] passenger pigeon article

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 16 11:41:34 PST 2005

Hi all, I remember reading an extraordinary article in an issue of Permaculture Activist (I think that's where it was) about the extinction of the passenger pigeon and the impact on the ecosystem of their demise.  In my APES (that's  AP Environmental Science - about as close to a permaculture course as you're likely to come in a public high school) course we are covering biodiversity next week and the text starts out with info about passenger pigeons. If you know the article could you let me know which issue it was.  I looked and looked through my collection and was unable to find it.  I suspect it's gone.  If anyone has a copy of the article could you send it to me so I could share it with my students?
  Thanks,
  Joan

"People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore"  Andre Gide