[Scpg] Arbor Day Poster Contest at SB Botanic Garden

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed Jan 25 20:26:31 PST 2006

Santa Barbara Botanic Garden Celebrates
Arbor Day Poster Contest Exhibit &
Project Learning Tree Teacher Workshop

Santa Barbara, CA The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is currently displaying the
fine
art work of the California School Winners from the 2005 Arbor Day Poster
Contest:
Trees are Terrific and Energy Wise . This annual contest is sponsored by the
California
Department of Forestry and Fire Protection and the California Community
Forests

Foundation. Visit the Botanic Garden until February 2, 2006 to enjoy these
colorful
posters and take a walk to see our diverse native trees. Fifth grade teachers
may ask for
details on how to involve their students in the 2006 Arbor Day Poster Contest
Trees are
Terrific & in All Shapes and Sizes! (Note: deadline for entries is March 1)

On Saturday, February 4 the Botanic Garden will present a Project Learning
Tree

Workshop for Teachers at the Goleta Unified School District Board Room.
Project

Learning Tree is an award-winning environmental education program and the
workshop
will be cosponsored by the California Department of Forestry and Fire
Protection,
Channel Islands National Park, Goleta Valley Beautiful and the Central Coast
Urban
Forest Council.

For further information about the contest and workshop please call 682-4726
ext
111.

The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, 1212 Mission Canyon Road, Santa Barbara, CA
93105.  805-682-4726. <http://www.sbbg.org>www.sbbg.org.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous