[Scpg] Film Recommedation/The Queen of Trees

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed Feb 8 06:50:35 PST 2006

Hi South Coast Permaculture members et al-

I just saw a film tonight at the SB Film Fest which was GREAT. It s called The
Queen of Trees . It is a wonderful story of the interaction and
interrelationships between the Fig tree (Ficus somethingorotherus) the all the
other flora and fauna in Kenya. The main character is the Fig Wasp, which has
co-evolved into a co-dependent relationship that is just phenomenal. The close
up photography is simply amazing! It expands insects the size of aphids into
elephants! And at that scale&. They are absolutely beautiful. There will be
one
more showing of this film Thursday night (Feb 9), at 9PM at the Victoria
theater. The cost is $10. The husband and wife filmmaking team was available
for a stimulating Q&A and likely will be after this one also. I highly
recommend it.

Mark Phillips