[Scpg] March 4 Workshop Register Now Growing Organic: An Organic Gardening Workshop Fairview Garden's Goleta CA

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Feb 25 07:21:48 PST 2006

IMPORTANT:  REGISTER NOW

Dear Friends,

       We have put together an outstanding workshop on organic gardening
featuring eight of our communities best resources.  However we have had
almost no registration or interest.  If you plan on registering, please do
so now.  I will be forced to cancel the course on Monday if I don't get a
better response.  If you have a way to promote the class, please do so.

The Center for Urban Agriculture at
FAIRVIEW GARDENS

Presents

Growing Organic:  An Organic Gardening Workshop

Saturday, March 4th
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Cost:  $50.00

Join us at Fairview Gardens for a full day workshop covering all aspects of
organic gardening. The day will include lectures and hands-on instruction
on a variety of topics including seed selection, organic methodology,
permaculture principles, fossil-free landscaping, edible food foresting,
soil nutrition, and pest management.
The workshop is ideal for the beginning gardener or the experienced
gardener interested in learning more about growing organic.
A farm grown catered lunch will be available for purchase for $15.00 or you
may choose to bring your own lunch.

Speakers include:

Vincent Smith
Fairview Gardens

Larry Saltzman
Organic Gardening Club/For the Future-Relocalizing Food

Owen Dell
County Landscape and Design

Loren Luyendyk
Rising Sun Design

Matt Buckmaster
Island Seed and Feed

Chris Thompson
John Givens Farm

A. Michael Marzolla
UC Cooperative Extension

Oscar Carmona
Healing Grounds

Register by calling our office at (805) 967-7369 or by visiting our website
at www.FairviewGardens.org

Vincent M. Smith
Program Director
The Center for Urban Agriculture at