[Scpg] Sunday - Earth Building Open House

Rachel Morris rachelmorris at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 29 18:55:42 PDT 2006

Dear Friends,

Tomorrow, is our earth-building open-house and pot luck!
Sunday, April 30th, 5 pm
345 West Center St.
Ventura, CA  93001

Ten earth-builder students plus, our instructor extraordinaire - Betty
Seaman, plus Doug and I will be there to show you around our natural
building project. You can ask us questions, and then stick around for a
pot-luck dinner if you want to.

The structure is a garden studio, build of adobe-like material. It has a
foundation of urbanite (chuncks of old concrete) we chipped out of our yard
so we can have a garden. We'd love to share our project with you. Pot-luck
dinner is optional of course.

Peace and health,
Rachel

No RSVP required. I'm too busy to be indoors.

picutre of doorway and cob wall

Today's pictures. This earthen-building technique is called "cob."

 kids helping do cob