[Scpg] Los Angeles Permaculture

Cami Cimino camicimino at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 07:57:55 PDT 2006

hello,

  i rarely read scpg,

  recently i noticed several posts listed on scpg that were located in the los angeles area and were not cross posted to lapg.

  could you please post LA events to the lapg at arashi.com list serv too?

  i would love to stay informed!

  thanks,
  camille

Path to Freedom <dervaes at pathtofreedom.com> wrote:              ::   NEWS ::

  Green Award

  DerVaes Produce/Path to Freedom has been awarded Four   Leaves in the 1st edition of Greenopia, the urban dwellers guide to   green living.

  Greenopia offers consumers the unique combination of useful   printed guidebook - similar to Zagat's Restaurant Guide - and a vibrant,   interactive online community.

  Greenopia Four Leaves Award recognizes DerVaes   Produce/Path to Freedom  for being in the top 10% of green   business in LA.

  Visit: http://www.greenopia.com/
  Visit: http://www.pathtofreedom.com/produce

  Getting Our Goat

    We anxiously await the arrival our baby goat that will join the rest of the   happy menagerie of chickens, ducks and rabbit here on the homestead.  Stay   tuned.

    Action = Impact
    In the next few months/year we hope to implement planned programs of   "ONE-LESS," "POWER-DOWN DAY" and take part in the already appropriately coined   "100 MILE DIET" (started by Bay Area Locavores as they challenged people from   all over the world to eat within a 100 mile radius of their home).
  We like to challenge ourselves even more this year to action and   change.  Sure, we are already doing some of these actions/non-actions   already, but how much more can we do.?
  What do we mean by "one-less"?  One-less meal cooked on a gas stove,   one-less hour(s) spent on the computer, one-less trip with the car, one-less   food product or item purchased out of state and so on.
  Our goal is to work up to "Power Down Day" as it goes hand in hand with   our  "One-Less" program which is one whole day without using any plug or   hook up that includes:  lights, gas stove, tv, washing machine, computer   (don't have much else) sans the refrigerator that will have to stay plugged   in  (for now!)  and that includes the phone too.
  New Projects

  Bicycle blender
  Haybox cooker
  Rainwater cistern
  Raising goats (again)
  Greywater reclamation system
  Redesigning the backyard garden
  Making herbal toothpaste, deodorant
  Hatching chicken eggs to add to our existing "flock"
  Winemaking
  and more....

  To read more about what's happening visit our online journal at www.pathtofreedom.com/journal

    :: SPECIAL INVITE   ::

  FILM SCREENING: READY OR   NOT?

  When: Saturday, May 6
  Time:  7:30 p.m.
  Where: USC Campus, Los   Angeles

  "READY OR   NOT"

  This is a story about three families who are   preparing for the
possibility of a global pandemic, global energy crisis,   and global
climate change.  Beyond awareness, beyond talk, they have   taken action
to ensure the safety of their families and communities.    They believe
it is time to prepare for the future NOW, while they still can,   before
it’s too late!  This crux of this story evolves around an   average
person’s ability to do something small to help create a better   future,
by enhancing the power for resilience and   adaptation.

  Featuring Kathlyn Powell and Jorge Strunz, Melinda   Epler and Matt
Eliseo, and Path to Freedom (Jules, Anais,   Jordanne and Justin).

  With appearances by Jan Lundberg, and Michael   Ruppert, and Strunz and
Farah.

  Directed by Melinda Briana Epler
Produced by   Lindsay Trapnell and Matthew Williams
Cinematography by Andrew Russo
Sound   Edited and Recorded by Erik Anderson and Landon Johnson
Edited by Bethe   Gordon and Timothy Kolesk

  This film will screen with two other documentaries   of similar length. There will be a small   reception following the screening.

    :: NOTE   ::

  !!Seating is   limited!!  They have asked that we invite no more than   a limited amount of people in consideration of two   other films that will be debuting on the same   night.

  Be the first 15 to   respond to this email invitation, send your rsvp   to dervaes at pathtofreedom.com with   subject line "ready or not rsvp."

  www.pathtofreedom.com/calendar

Follow our path...
Organic Gardening, Urban Permaculture, Solar Energy, Homebrew   Biodiesel,
Citified Farm Animals, Cob Oven, Waste & Water Reclamation,   Appropriate
Technologies &   More!

  ~ A   pioneering journey towards self sufficiency, one step at a time   ~

PATH   TO FREEDOM
  Sustainable Living Resource Center   & Urban Homestead

  Jules Dervaes (founder   /director)
  631 Cypress Ave
  Pasadena, CA    91103
  phone: 626.795.8400
  email:  dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
  web: www.PathtoFreedom.com

In our society growing food yourself has become the most radical of   acts. It
is truly the only effective protest, one that can-and will-overturn   the
corporate powers that be. By the process of directly working in harmony   with
nature, we do the one thing most essential to change the world-we   change
ourselves.    ~  Jules Dervaes   ~

  Don't want any more   emails?