[Scpg] invitation and/or request for leads for audience for high school presentations

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 31 12:24:57 PDT 2006

Hi, My AP Environmental Science students are presenting on the following four topics between 6/6 and 6/12 (Tue, Wed, Th, and the following Monday).  I am seeking people who work in fields related to these topics to serve as audience and ask the students questions about what they present.  If you are interested and/or if you can suggest someone I could invite please let me know!

  The topics are as follows:
  1) Food forest and pond design
  2) Campus-wide waste reduction program
  3) Environmental Curriculum design for elementary students
  4) Alternative energy design for campus or for a residential site

  Your presence would make a dramatic difference for these kids!  They will go from "ho-hum" to "what I have to say makes a difference" just by your being here!
  I teach three classes in a row from 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11.  All three classes will be presenting on the same topic each day.  Availability of you as the audience will determine which day each topic is presented.  I'd be happy to take you out to lunch following!  Looking forward to hearing from you!
  Love,
  Joan

"People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore"  Andre Gide