[Scpg] August Natural Building Events USA

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed Jul 26 15:11:50 PDT 2006

Hello Friends,

Lots of great events are coming up in the month of August.  Please take a look
at the Natural Building Network website for the latest:
<http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/>www.NaturalBuildingNetwork.org. Thanks
to you NBN is growing every day, and with it our event calendar is
lengthening.

It was a pleasure to meet many of you at
<http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/BHNposter2.pdf>Build Here Now in Taos,
New Mexico, and I look forward to seeing you again soon. This weekend I ll be
heading out to New York for <http://www.peaceweavers.com/bws/>Building With
Spirit in Bath, New York. I m excited to renew old friendships and to discover
new ones.

Here are a few highlights of the coast-to-coast August Member Events:

July 27-August 2 ---<http://www.cobcottage.com/node/201>Design Your Own
Natural
Home!

North American School of Natural Building, Coquille, Oregon, taught by Kiko
Denzer & Bob Theis

August 2-6, 2006 --- <http://www.peaceweavers.com/bws/>Building With Spirit- A
Regional Natural Building Colloquium,

Thunder Mountain Retreat Center, Bath, New York, hosted by
<http://www.peaceweavers.com/>Peaceweavers.

August 7-11, 2006 --- Designing & Building Natural Homes,

Camp Epworth, High Falls, New York, instructors include NBN member David
Eisenberg. For info call 970.963.8855 or visit
<http://www.solarenergy.org/>www.solarenergy.org.

August 9-13, 2006 --- Strawbale Construction, Mixed-Media Earth and Straw
(In a
Wet Climate),
<http://www.earthaven.org/>Earthaven Ecovillage, Asheville, North Carolina.
This
is a
<http://www.kleiwerks.org/northamerica_summer_workshop_series.php>Kleiwerks
event.

August 11-13 --- Natural Plasters for Healthy Homes
Old Mill Farm, Mendocino, California, taught by Michael G. Smith and Janine
Björnson. For more info: contact Old Mill Farm at 707-937-3047;
<inquiry at oldmillfarm.htm>inquiry at oldmillfarm.org;
www.oldmillfarm.org/events/building06.html.

August 11-20 --- <http://www.cobcottage.com/node/193>Complete Cob
North American School of Natural Building, Coquille, Oregon, taught by
Bernhard
Masterson with the Cob Cottage Co.

August 14-20, 2006 --- Meditation & Earthen Building workshop
Buellton, California (40 miles north of Santa Barbara) offered at the Sunburst
Sanctuary with Michele Pike and Betty Seaman. Contact
<http://www.solarlogos.org/>http://www.solarlogos.org/ for more info.

August 26  --- Build an Earth Oven!
Woodbury, Tennessee. Contact <mailto:cobdance at hotmail.com>Christina Ott of
<http://www.barefootbuilder.com/>Barefoot Builders at (850)982-2597 for more
info.

August 26-27  --- Building with Cob
Mendocino, California. Instructors: Michael G. Smith and Janine Björnson. For
more information contact Stephanie at 707-937-3093;
<ssilva at mcn.htm>ssilva at mcn.org.

August 27-September 2  --- Complete Shelter Workshop
Lakota Reservation, Pine Ridge, South Dakota. This Workshop is offered by
House
Alive! <http://www.housealive.org/contact.htm>Sign up for this workshop, or
check out the <http://www.housealive.org/workshops2006.htm#pineridge>site
description for more info.

More detailed descriptions of events and workshops can be seen on the
<http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/calendar.htm#AUGUST>NBN event calendar
and at the sites of the
<http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/workshops.htm>member organizations. I m
delighted to announce that the Natural Building Network is no longer a
part-time endeavor. This month marks the beginning of our full-time effort to
build this organization to fully hold and support our community of Natural
Builders. I invite you to encourage your friends and colleagues to
<http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/support.htm>join the network. I m
grateful for your support and for your encouragement.

Very best regards,

Jack

P.S. Please pass this email along to anyone you feel might benefit!

P.P.S. Plans are underway for 4 Bioregional Natural Building Gatherings in
2007
in New York, Texas, New Mexico, and California.
<http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/calendar.htm#June07>I ll keep you
posted!

____

Jack Stephens

The Natural Building Network, mail to:jack at nbnetwork.org,
<http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/>http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org,
(541)344-5436.
Natural Building news, information on workshops, builders, contractors,
designers, architects, publications,
resources, etc. Connect with the Natural Building community!
NBN is a non-profit organization. Join today and receive a free issue of
CobWeb
and the Last Straw Journal.

____

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous