[Scpg] September Events of Members of the Natural Building Network!

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Aug 14 12:14:47 PDT 2006

Hi Friends,

I so enjoyed connecting with many of you at Building with Spirit, the east
bioregional Natural Building colloquium at Thunder Mountain in Bath, New York.
For those of you that were not able to attend, I encourage you to go next year
(crossing our fingers that it will happen, Peaceweavers). The
<http://www.peaceweavers.com/>Peaceweavers were wonderful hosts as they have
been for the past three years. Some great photos by Mark Piepkorn and Sarah
Machtey are linked from the NBN website.
<http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/>Please check them out!

Here are a few highlights of the coast-to-coast September Member Events:

September 1-3, 2006 --- Cordwood Masonry
West Chazy, New York. Contact <http://www.cordwoodmasonry.com/>Earthwood for
details.

September 1-4, 2006 --- Earthen Plasters (Interior, Exterior & Bas Relief)
<http://www.earthaven.org/>Earthaven Ecovillage, Asheville, North Carolina.
This is a <http://www.kleiwerks.com>Kleiwerks sponsored event. For more
information:
<http://www.kleiwerks.org/northamerica_summer_workshop_series.php>http://www
.kleiwerks.org /northamerica_summer_workshop _series.php or
<mailto:info at kleiwerks.org>Email.

September 1-9, 2006 --- Complete Cob Building
Cork, Ireland. Instructors: Ianto Evans and Linda Smiley. Info:
541-942-2005 or
<http://www.cobcottage.com/>www.cobcottage.com

September 2-4, 2006 --- Cob Courtyard Walls
Woodbury, Tennessee. Contact <mailto:cobdance at hotmail.com>Christina Ott of
<http://www.barefootbuilder.com>Barefoot Builders at (850)982-2597 for more
info.

September 2-8 --- Natural Building Intensive
Emerald Earth, Boonville, California, Instructors: Michael G. Smith, Darryl
Berlin, Sara McCamant
Info: 707-972-3096;
<mailto:workshops at emeraldearth.org>workshops at emeraldearth.org;
www.emeraldearth.org

September 8-10 --- Cordwood Masonry
Jacksonville, Oregon. Contact <http://www.cordwoodmasonry.com/>Earthwood for
details.

September 9-10, 2006 --- Plaster workshop
Estacada, Oregon, at the home of
<mailto:bernhard_masterson at hotmail.com?subject=Plaster%20workshop>Bernhard
Masterson.

September 13-15, 2006 --- Pyromania, Build Your Own Rocket Stove
Cork, Ireland. Instructor: Ianto Evans. Info: 541-942-2005 or
<http://www.cobcottage.com/>www.cobcottage.com

September 15-19 --- Natural Building Workshop
Quail Springs, Cuyama, California, For more info:
<mailto:w at quailsprings.org>w at quailsprings.org.

September 23-October 1, 2006 --- Complete Cob
Los Olivos, California. Instructor: Betty Seaman. Info: 541-942-2005 or
<http://www.cobcottage.com/>www.cobcottage.com

September 29-October 1, 2006 --- Earthen Plasters (Earthen Wall Exteriors)
<http://www.earthaven.org/>Earthaven Ecovillage, Asheville, North Carolina,
For
more information:
<http://www.kleiwerks.org/northamerica_summer_workshop_series.php>http://ww
w.kleiwerks.org /northamerica_summer_workshop _series.php or
<mailto:info at kleiwerks.org>Email.

More detailed descriptions of events and workshops can be seen on the
<http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/calendar.htm#AUGUST>NBN event calendar
and at the sites of the
<http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/workshops.htm>member organizations.
Thank
you for the good work you re doing. I invite you to encourage your friends and
colleagues to <http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/support.htm>join the
network. I m grateful for your support and for your encouragement.

Very best regards,

Jack

P.S. Please pass this email along to anyone you feel might benefit!

P.P.S. Plans are underway for 4 Bioregional Natural Building Gatherings in
2007
in New York, Texas, New Mexico, and California.
<http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/calendar.htm#June07>I ll keep you
posted!

Jack Stephens

The Natural Building Network, mail to:jack at nbnetwork.org,
<http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org/>http://www.naturalbuildingnetwork.org,
(541)344-5436. 10am-4pm Pacific Time.

Natural Building news, information on workshops, builders, contractors,
designers, architects, publications,
resources, etc. Connect with the Natural Building community!
NBN is a non-profit organization. Join today and receive a free issue of
CobWeb
and the Last Straw Journal.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous