[Scpg] This Week on Sustainable World

Sustainable World Radio sustainableworldradio at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 16 20:09:47 PDT 2006

On Friday, August 18th, at 9:00 am, PST and on Monday, August 21st, at 12:00 noon PST, Sustainable World is broadcasting a live interview with Estelle Foster.  Estelle, who spoke to our listeners two weeks ago, will be giving us an update on the pesticide application that is occurring in the Santa Barbara and Goleta area. The pesticide being used is called Naled. It is being applied to eradicate Oriental Fruit Flies, three of which were found in Hope Ranch last month.

Estelle is the executive director of PAAC: the Pesticide Awareness and Alternatives Coalition.

We will also have a Community Calendar of Events and a Sustainable Business Report.

If you have any questions or comments during air time, please call the station at
(805) 893-2424.

Sustainable World Radio: Friday mornings at 9:00 am PST, and Monday afternoons at
12:00 pm PST on KCSB 91.9 FM in Santa Barbara, California. Also, streaming live
worldwide on KCSB.org.

Email us with events to be listed in our Community Calendar at sustainableworldradio at earthlink.net.

Thanks for tuning in!

Jill, Kevin and Suzanne