[Scpg] Humanure Composting

Chris Vogel sbcat36 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 20 08:58:47 PDT 2006

Hi:

I'm new on this list and hope I am following your email etiquette.

I've been practicing humanure composting for several years (
http://www.jenkinspublishing.com/humanure.html  if your interested in
knowing more about it ).

It is a fairly simple, yet high return practice to create sustainable
farming.  It is such a waste and so polluting to purify all this water,
defacate in it, then flush it out to sea.  It breaks the:   grow food, eat
food, eliminate the undigested remainder, give it back to the earth, cycle.
The cycle most of the Western world uses of "flushing away our waste", also
contributes greatly to soil depeltion.

I have recently moved to live on a sailboat and am unable to continue my
humanure practice.

I am wondering if there are any folks in the Santa Barbara area already
doing this who would welcome additional contributions to their humanure
compost pile, or if there are folks that are interested enough that are open
to the possibility of creating such a pile and would like to learn more.

If you're in either of the above 2 categories, please drop me a note.

Thanks,

sbcat36