[Scpg] superzero to the rescue -- hecho en canada (o alguna ano)

ewerb eric at farmerandcook.com
Sat Sep 30 18:34:14 PDT 2006

dear hop hopers and aficionados of durable fibers

-- it is with a grain of pain, and mild to severe low back pain, that i share this somewhat predictable excerpt from Gov. Connan's futile decree, him sayeth,

http://gov.ca.gov/pdf/press/ab_1147_veto.pdf

"I am returning Assembly Bill 1147 (industrial Hemp cultivation) without my signature. (not even a sticker...)

...I recognize and am proud of that fact that California is a national and world leader in the production of high-quality agricultural commodities...

 (uh yeah, the Emerald triangle makes CA crops look like, well, seeded grapes...but that's not the issue here?) -- and then...

...blaah blah...weasel...weasel...(sorry weasels)

..."Yet, no court has specifically ruled that a live cannabis plant is a non-controlled substance or that farming these plants is not a regulated activity. As a result, i would be improper to approve a measure that directly conflicts with current federal statutes and court decisions. This (sic) only serves to cause confusion and reduce public confidence in our government system.

glyphosophically yours

ew

what a difference an enya makes, eh?