[Scpg] Belize Mayan Expedition/Permaculture Design Course

L.Santoyo Designs santoyo at earthflow.com
Wed Oct 4 12:57:02 PDT 2006

please post -please forward:

"...a mile and a half's walk on rugged trails from the ancient Mayan ruins..."
A Permaculture Learning Vacation in Southern Belize

Permaculture Design Certificate Course:
Maya Mountain Research Farm -Punta Gorda, Belize

http://earthflow.com/mayaposter.pdf

February 11 - 25, 2007

$1200.00 US
includes tuition, field trip expeditions, meals and accommodations.

Instructors:
Toby Hemenway <www.patternliteracy.com>
Larry Santoyo <www.earthflow.com>
with local guests

To register and for more info contact:
<info at mmrfbz.org>

Maya Mountain Research Farm http://www.mmrfbz.org/index.html
Maya Mountain Research Farm (MMRF), a demonstration farm in rural
southern Belize... Using permaculture, appropriate technology and
renewable energy we have established and are continually improving a
model agricultural system predicated on biodiversity. MMRF is a
research and training center dedicated to promoting applied
biological diversity as a means of ensuring food security.

Maya Mountain Research Farm is fairly remote. We are two miles up
river from the predominantly Kek'chi Mayan village of San Pedro
Columbia, in Belize's southernmost district of Toledo... We are about
a mile and a half's walk on rugged trails from the ancient Mayan
ruins of Lubaantun. The river emerges from the ground 1/4 mile up
river from us, and the drainage for this watershed begins in the
Columbia River Forest Reserve, a 100,000 acre, unique, fairly
pristine natural area of broadleaf forest. We are in a wonderful
location, on the one hand connected to the village by the river that
is the local highway, and on the other hand in close proximity to
high bush in the Columbia River Forest Reserve...

Note:
Course will be taught in English. Belize, a former British colony, is
the only English-speaking country in Central America.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belize