[Scpg] Cob Oven workshop SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14TH. Los Angeles

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed Oct 11 07:05:23 PDT 2006

PLEASE SEND OUT TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW :)

LOS ANGELES DECOMPRESSION 2006 – Going Green!!
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14TH.
LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN LA ON 1ST STREET, UNDER THE 1ST STREET BRIDGE.
<http://www.la-burningman.com/>HTTP://WWW.LA-BURNINGMAN.COM

With the 2007 Burning Man theme being "the Green Man", We are leaning toward a
more conscious event due to the fact that humanity's ecological footprint has
exceeded global bio-capacity, in other words natures capital is being spent
faster than it can regenerate itself.

We'd like to remind you to please CONSERVE and CONSUME LESS for this event!
It's not necessary to use or waste resources such as inefficient lighting just
to have fun with us ☺  Go to our website, and under going green we have
public transit options, including biking and directions for you.

Efficient lighting - Resource: Angstrom Lighting for LED's.
<http://www.angstromlighting.com/products/fixtures/led.htm>http://www.angst
romlighting.com/products/fixtures/led.htm

Here are some places to recognize your impact:
<http://www.coolingman.net/>www.coolingman.net , http://ecofoot.org/

The National Biodiesel Board (NBB):
<http://www.biodiesel.org/>http://www.biodiesel.org

Diesel veggie conversions:
<http://www.goldenfuelsystems.com/index.html>http://www.goldenfuelsystems.co
m/index.html

The American Solar Energy Society (ASES)
<http://www.ases.org/>http://www.ases.org/

Please contact us if you are in need of more resources.

Other ways we are going green for Decom are:
Bio-Diesel Generators
Recycling program
Efficient lighting for the whole event
Alternative Energy and displays where you can learn more
Off Setting and Carbon Neutral Zone
Conscious food vendors with bio-degradable material
Food Waste/ Compost program

We will also be hosting a "green area" - a place where those interested in
sustainability, permaculture and environmentalism will be able to see first
hand new technology and listen to speakers in this earth friendly movement.
This Area at Decom which will encompass theme camps such as Evolutionary
Center, ( <http://www.evolutionarycenter.net/>www.EvolutionaryCenter.net),
Alternative Energy Zone, as well as other theme camps and artists who want to
participate with us. We will have workshops, panels, and leaders in the field
of sustainable solutions. Look for our dome and signs for these camps next to
Playa Info.  ☺

Workshops will be from 3pm-9pm.
These are the topics we will be exploring:
Organic Architecture and Green Technologies (Geofry Collins)
A Panel Discussion on Sustainable living techniques in an Urban Environment
(Sustainable LA, Santa Monica Sustainable Works, Green Drinks, Geoff)
Conscious Consumerism (Cater Green)
Permaculture (Joan)
Solar energy (EE solar)
Bio-diesel and veggie oil (Clean Fuel Caravan and Kalib)
Cob and permaculture within Burning Man (Ray Cirino)
Greening Burning Man/ Recycle Camp (Blue)
Eco Villages

At 9pm Goofy Green Finale!  With the Sustainability Clowns: Sara & Alayha.

Contact:
To join our green team, please contact our coordinator,
 Kachina Katrina at:
<http://us.f533.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=kachinakatrina@gmail.com>kachi
nakatrina at gmail.com

*Post event happenings and restorative ways to be involved:

For workshops, events, and places to contribute:
<http://www.lapostcarbon.org/>www.lapostcarbon.org - sign up for their
newsletter.

For more events going green check out:
<http://www.ecogatherings.com/>www.ecogatherings.com

Green Drinks- social event for those in sustainable movements-
<http://www.lagreendrinks.org/>www.lagreendrinks.org

Green Business Networking- To be notified of our next event, please send your
name and email address to:
<http://us.f533.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=greenbusinessnetworking@gmail.
com>greenbusinessnetworking at gmail.com

Greening Hollywood and the film industry. e-mail:
<http://us.f533.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=kachinakatrina@gmail.com>kachi
nakatrina at gmail.com for more info or resources.

Thanks for your participation in this years event, and remember to
CONSERVE- less is more!!

Green Team Coordinator and Community Organizer
Kachina Katrina*
<http://us.f533.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=KachinaKatrina@gmail.com>Kachi
naKatrina at gmail.com

Get your own <
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43290/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains>web
address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=41244/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/>Yahoo!
Small
Business.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous