[Scpg] Next Tuesday! Town Hall Meeting about Global Warming

Rachel Morris rachelmorris at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 18 12:11:19 PDT 2006

Hi Friends,

Just a reminder - Next Tuesday, at 7:00 p.m. is Ventura's City-Sponsored
<http://www.cityofventura.net/happenings/townhall_globalwarming.asp>  Town
Hall Meeting about Global Warming.

This is not a spectator event. There will be questionnaires for all, plus
about 25 three-minute slots at the microphone for people to share what they
think we need to do as a community to deal with this global issue.

I hope you're thinking of ideas you'd like to contribute, plus one thing
you've already done (large or small) to help slow global warming.

See you soon!

Peace and health,

-Rachel

Ventura's Town Hall Meeting on

Global Warming

Tuesday, October 24th  7-9 P.M.

Downtown Century 10 Theater

555 E. Main St., Ventura, CA  93001

There will be a short panel presentation, and then an open mike discussion
for you to share your concerns, ideas, questions, plus one action you've
taken to help stop global warming.

There will also be cards to write your ideas on, and refreshments afterward.

Panelists: Rick Cole - Ventura City Manager,

Dave Davis of "Fossil Free by '33" S.B.,

Steve Bennett - Ventura County Supervisor

Sponsored by: the City of Ventura and Local Citizens

Music by NatureGirl, Artist - Michelle Flores

If you have questions
or if you want an information table at the event (global warming topics only
please),

Contact Rachel Morris at (805)648-1267 rachelmorris at earthlink.net

or John Howard at (805)642-7933  jhoward at kwaware.com

PS - We're looking for help with refreshments.
If you'd like to contribute, please contact Rachel Morris