[Scpg] SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY THIS SATURDAY at CAL POLY!!!! SLO Sat Nov 18

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Nov 14 10:55:32 PST 2006

Cal Poly Organic Farm to host World Neighbor's Steve Sherwood: SAT 11/18

Come spend the day with STEPHEN SHERWOOD, Andes Area Representative of World
Neighbors on Saturday, November 18 @ 9 a.m. at the Cal Poly Organic Farm!

Born in Richmond, Virginia and reared in the Philadelphia area, Steve has
spent
the last 20 years supporting rural development efforts in Central and South
America.  Presently, he resides in Quito, Ecuador, where he is the Andes Area
Representative for the grassroots development organization World Neighbors,
where his tasks include technical, process design, and advocacy support to
World Neighbor's people-centered community health and sustainable agriculture
initiatives in Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador.

We will tour the Organic Farm and discuss Stephen Sherwood's work with World
Neighbors. Come and ask questions and hear about sustainable agriculture both
here and abroad.

DIRECTIONS to the ORGANIC FARM:  Take the Highland Drive entrance into Cal
Poly
from Route 1.  At your first cross street, turn left onto Mount Bishop Road.
After about 1/4 mile, the road veers to the left.  Bare RIGHT onto the dirt
road to the right of the small Vet clinic.  Go about 1/2 mile (past the Rodeo
Unit) straight up to the top of the hill.  The Student Experimental Farm is on
the right, behind the silver fence.

Please do not hesitate to reply to this e-mail with any questions that you
might have.

Best Regards,
Anastasia Killham
SARC Outreach Coordinator
Sustainable Agriculture Resource Consortium
c/o Horticulture and Crop Science Department
California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, California  93407
(805)756-5086
www.calpoly.edu/~sarc

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous