[Scpg] Shop Local/Art from Scrap Store, Holly Mackay Workshop, DEC 2

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Fri Nov 24 08:26:19 PST 2006

PLASTIC!

It's not necessarily the big things, but all the little things that may sink
our boat (planet earth).  An Inconvenient truth.  Plastic, we use it, we throw
it away. Daily.

Join Holly Mackay for discussion on problem of plastics in the ocean (an
island
the size of Texas floating out there), and "PLASTIC PASSION" workshop on Sat,
Dec. 2, 10-Noon, using this resource that does not biodegrade, in a creative
way as an art medium.  In the tradition of the Art from Scrap Gallery, Mackay
restricts her sculptural work to scavenged materials, and has produced over
eighty sculptures from 100 percent beach plastic.

For more details, contact
Art from Scrap
884-0459

Store with many recycled materials:
302 E. Cota Street
Santa Barbara, CA

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous