[Scpg] Peddler's Wagon rolling into cybertown

Path to Freedom dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Sun Nov 26 13:09:06 PST 2006

PATH TO FREEDOM LAUNCHES PEDDLER'S WAGON, SUSTAINABLE AND PRACTICAL WARES
FOR THE URBAN PIONEER

  (Pasadena, Calif.) -- Path to Freedom has opened an online store offering
products useful for today's homesteaders seeking a simpler and more
sustainable way of life, available at
http://www.pathtofreedom.com/peddlerswagon .

  Peddler's Wagon products include ollas (unglazed clay pots) for irrigation
and landscaping, gardening implements, solar ovens and grain mills, glass
and stainless steel kitchen wares, fair trade food items, clothing, and "how
to" books. The store's products are selected by the Dervaes family, whose
hands-on experience has created a thriving, productive urban homestead at
Path to Freedom.

  "I have admired what the Dervaes family has accomplished at Path to
Freedom," said Carolyn, a former Pasadena City Official and gardening
enthusiast. "I was inspired to buy two ollas for my Southern California
native landscape yard. Irrigating with clay pots is a water-wise method of
providing continuous moisture to plants. And the natural materials blend
with my garden design."

  Income from the Peddler's Wagon will support Path to Freedom's outreach
efforts, with 10% of the profits being contributed directly to nonprofit
development and relief organizations. "We're not in this just for
 ourselves," said Jules Dervaes, founder of Path to Freedom. "We have an
obligation to pass along what we've learned about sustainable living and to
make sure others have an opportunity even to live."

  Founded by Jules Dervaes in 2001, Path to Freedom is a grassroots, family
operated, viable urban homesteading project located in Pasadena, Calif. The
family's yard contains over 350 varieties of edible and useful plants that
grow 6,000 pounds of organic produce annually. In addition, the Dervaes
family raises chickens, ducks, goats, and worms; brews their own biodiesel
to fuel their diesel car; generates electricity with solar panels; and cooks
meals in earthen and solar ovens. Through Path to Freedom, the Dervaes
family seeks to inspire others to live a more simple and ecologically
sustainable way.