[Scpg] D.A.J.U.S Festival '06 Invitation December 2nd, 2006. 12-5pm Isle Vista

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Nov 30 16:44:00 PST 2006

Dear Community Members, We Invite you to......

ChillaVista Presents

D.A.J.U.S FESTIVAL
Live Consciously

December 2nd, 2006.12-5pm
Anisq’oyo Park Isle Vista

~Philosophy~

•       Diversity- Diverse individuals with different
cultural and academic backgrounds will work together
and create a symbiotic environment of mutual learning
and teaching.

•       Awareness- Awareness of the community’s history,
needs, and diversity empowers us to act as responsible
citizens and make informed decisions.

•       Justice- Justice for the various interests in the
community will be pursued through improved
communication and proper representation.

•       Understanding- Understanding diverse viewpoints
leads to an enlightened state of mind capable of
processing conflicts for positive outcomes.

•       Sustainability- Sustainability will govern our
actions as we remain conscious of both our external
(ecosystem) and social (community) environments

We produced the first Chilla Vista festival Sunday,
June 4, 2006 in Isla Vista, California (next to UC
Santa Barbara). Three student-initiated, student-led
classes collaborated to organize a fun-filled
immersion experience dedicated to creating a
sustainable community.  The festival attracted a broad
mix of students and community members, approximately
3,000 in all. Through our personal and collective
actions, we aim to continue to improve the quality of
life in our community.

The success of and energy of Chilla Vista has not been
forgotten. On December 2nd, 2006  12-5 pm  in Anisq’oyo Park, we
will be holding our second Chilla Vista event, “DAJUS:
Living Consciously.” The event will be focusing on
embracing various community efforts and bringing a
sense of cohesiveness to the community. It will
include local and distinguished bands playing music at
Anisq’Oyo’ Park in the center of Isla Vista, as well
as an Art Space inviting local artists to provide,
share, and display their artistic capabilities such as
henna, face painting, hemp bracelet making, and more.
We will also have a unique “Expression Session” space,
where we will have various cultural groups, dancers,
and talents perform. Many UCSB and Isla Vista
community groups will also be invited to promote their
messages and strengthen relationships with members of
the Isla Vista community. Food will be provided by
local eateries, such as the IV Food Co-Op, to promote
local business and provide information on how to live
a healthy lifestyle. Information on safe partying,
healthy lifestyle, sustainable living and much more
will be provided by Chilla Vista, local and UCSB
groups.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact:
Jonathan Kalan
(203) 856-2089
Chillavista07 at yahoo.com

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous