[Scpg] Mayan Permaculture Expedition -Belize

L. Santoyo Designs santoyo at earthflow.com
Sat Dec 2 13:14:39 PST 2006

"... a mile and a half's walk on rugged trails from the ancient Mayan ruins..."

Permaculture Design Certificate Course Expedition

http://www.mmrfbz.org/permaculture.html

Tucked into the foothills of the Maya Mountains...
MAYA MOUNTAIN RESEARCH FARM is a registered non-governmental
organization and working demonstration farm that promotes sustainable
agriculture, appropriate technology and food security using
permacultural principles and applied biodiversity

Dates: 11-25 February 2007

Place: Maya Mountain Research Farm in Toledo District, Belize

Instructors: Toby Hemenway, Larry Santoyo & many local guest instructors

Cost:  $1,200 U.S. includes:
  organic farm-fresh meals, all course materials and local expeditions
(airfare not included)

Belize is the only English speaking country in Central America...
All Classes will be taught in English.

Maya Mountain Research Farm
http://www.mmrfbz.org/

Location --  Maya Mountain Research Farm is fairly remote. We are two
miles up river from the predominantly Kek'chi Mayan village of San
Pedro Columbia, in Belize's southernmost district of Toledo.

One border of MMRF is the river called the Columbia Branch of the Rio
Grande, the other side of which is the Columbia Indian Reservation.
We are about a mile and a half's walk on rugged trails from the
ancient Mayan ruins of Lubaantun. The river emerges from the ground
1/4 mile up river from us, and the drainage for this watershed begins
in the Columbia River Forest Reserve, a 100,000 acre, unique, fairly
pristine natural area of broadleaf forest.

We are in a wonderful location, on the one hand connected to the
village by the river that is the local highway, and on the other hand
in close proximity to high bush in the Columbia River Forest Reserve.

a link to the pdf poster:
http://earthflow.com/mayaposter.pdf