[Scpg] {Path to Freedom} News & Updates

Path to Freedom dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Tue Dec 5 12:03:59 PST 2006

Peddler's Wagon Web Site Relaunch - Ollas, Xtracycle FreeRadical, Sun Ovens, Toilet Lid Sink and more!
  Reviews

  "you seem to be doing a good job choosing really cool, and practical items.
  Sometimes "green" products seem so gimmicky.
  It's nice to have someone weed that junk out."   ~ GM~

  Peddler's Wagon Gets "Most Huggable" Nod from TreeHugger.com

  "Urban eco-pioneers, Path to Freedom, launch an online trove of green goods." {Via TreeHugger}
PATH TO FREEDOM LAUNCHES PEDDLER'S WAGON, SUSTAINABLE AND PRACTICAL WARES
FOR THE URBAN (ECO) PIONEER

(Pasadena, Calif.) -- Path to Freedom has opened an online store offering
products useful for today's homesteaders seeking a simpler and more
sustainable way of life, available at http://www.epeddlerswagon.com

Peddler's Wagon products include ollas (unglazed clay pots) for irrigation
and landscaping, bike trailers, solar ovens and grain mills, glass
and stainless steel kitchen wares, fair trade food items, composters, and "how
to" books. The store's products are selected by the Dervaes family, whose
hands-on experience has created a thriving, productive urban homestead at
Path to Freedom.

"I have admired what the Dervaes family has accomplished at Path to
Freedom," said Carolyn, a former Pasadena City Official and gardening
enthusiast. "I was inspired to buy two ollas for my Southern California
native landscape yard. Irrigating with clay pots is a water-wise method of
providing continuous moisture to plants. And the natural materials blend
with my garden design."

Income from the Peddler's Wagon will support Path to Freedom's outreach
efforts, with 10% of the profits being contributed directly to nonprofit
development and relief organizations. "We're not in this just for
ourselves," said Jules Dervaes, founder of Path to Freedom. "We have an
obligation to pass along what we've learned about sustainable living and to
make sure others have an opportunity even to live."

Founded by Jules Dervaes in 2001, Path to Freedom is a grassroots, family
operated, viable urban homesteading project located in Pasadena, Calif. The
family's yard contains over 350 varieties of edible and useful plants that
grow 6,000 pounds of organic produce annually. In addition, the Dervaes
family raises chickens, ducks, goats, and worms; brews their own biodiesel
to fuel their diesel car; generates electricity with solar panels; and cooks
meals in earthen and solar ovens. Through Path to Freedom, the Dervaes
family seeks to inspire others to live a more simple and ecologically
sustainable way.

MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!
  Path to Freedom celebrates seven years online (Dec 1999 - 2006)  What a remarkable journey it has been.  Along the path we have meet many wonderful fellow travelers who have supported our efforts and outreach over the years - thank you!   As we approach a new year we are looking forward, if all goes well, to another year of new sustainable projects and outreach programs.    Read about the latest happenings on the homefront at http://www.pathtofreedom.com/journal

  Would you like to invite Path to Freedom to give a talk, workshop or presentation on urban homesteading and the many aspects of a self sufficient lifestyle from growing your own food, brewing your own fuel, cooking with the sun, citified farm animals and much, much more then visit http://www.pathtofreedom.com/outreach/index.shtml#invite

  Or do you have skills and knowledge you would like to share?  Then submit a lecture or workshop proposal
  http://www.pathtofreedom.com/outreach/index.shtml#education
OUT & ABOUT

Saturday, Dec 9th (9:00am-1:00pm) -- Goats go to Market... for a good cause
    WHERE? Pasadena Victory Park , N Sierra Madre Blvd at Paloma St,  Pasadena
  PTF's urban goats (Fairlight & Blackberry) will be making an appearance at Pasadena's Farmer's Market.  The goats will be teaming up with a local chapter of Heifer International as they campaign to help folks around the world to become more self reliant. One animal can make a difference! In fact, one goat can lift one family out of poverty.

  So come on down!  Meet and greet the goats, support local farmers and a worthy cause all in one day.

  "YOUNG McDONALD'S" FARM: It wasn't very long ago that families were growing their own food in their backyards and keeping an menagerie of farm animals like chickens, ducks and even goats.  In fact it was the kids who gathered the eggs in the morning or assigned the chores to feed the animals. Unfortunately, the times have changed and folks have lost touch where their food comes from.   One of our missions here at Path to Freedom is to show city folks, especially kids, where their food comes from and what animals are associated with some of the basic food groups.

  Would you like Path to Freedom's goats along with "URBAN HEIDI" (Jordanne) to show up at your school or community event?  Contact jordanne at pathtofreedom.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow our path...
Organic Gardening, Urban Permaculture, Solar Energy, Homebrew Biodiesel,
Citified Farm Animals, Cob Oven, Waste & Water Reclamation, Appropriate
Technologies & More!

  ~ A pioneering journey towards self sufficiency, one step at a time ~

PATH TO FREEDOM
  Sustainable Living Resource Center & Urban Homestead

  Jules Dervaes (founder /director)
  631 Cypress Ave
  Pasadena, CA  91103
  phone: 626.795.8400
  email:  dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
  web: www.PathtoFreedom.com

In our society growing food yourself has become the most radical of acts. It
is truly the only effective protest, one that can-and will-overturn the
corporate powers that be. By the process of directly working in harmony with
nature, we do the one thing most essential to change the world-we change
ourselves.    ~  Jules Dervaes ~

Don't want any more emails?