[Scpg] TreePeople Regional Forestry Manager job postings for Harbor Area and Northeast Valley

Rachel Dawson rdawson at treepeople.org
Tue Mar 20 11:41:44 PDT 2007

This is a major step forward for TreePeople, and we need your help to
make it work.

Attached are job postings for our new Regional Citizen Forestry Manager
positions -- one to be stationed in the Northeast Valley near the Hansen
Dam area, the other to be in the Harbor area.  Initially, the new hires
will join us at our headquarters in Coldwater Canyon Park (Studio City
area) for training.  But after a month or so, they will gradually spend
more time in these regional areas and will eventually be stationed in
those areas as their permanent offices.  At that time, along with the
regional Community Engagement coordinators, they will become the point
person for all TreePeople activities in their respective regions.

As the job postings indicate, it's important that the candidates live in
these regions or least have a very strong and thorough working
familiarity with these regions.  They also need to be bilingual in
Spanish and English.

We'll be distributing these postings to our various contacts in each
region, and posting them on public job sites.  Any help or suggestions
you can provide to make that distribution more thorough is welcomed.
But as you do so, remind all recipients that being bilingual is
mandatory, and residency in those regions is also required.

If you are interested in applying please do so to the contact listed in
the job description.

Thanks for your help!

Rachel Dawson
TreePeople