[Scpg] HOPI CELEBRATION COMES TO MALIBU

Rachel Dawson rdawson at treepeople.org
Wed Apr 25 16:09:22 PDT 2007

Volunteers to host the event are needed.  Please sign up with the
contact below!

On May 6th, an unprecedented celebration is happening in Malibu.

Thirty Hopi dancers, artists, singers and runners will be coming to
share their hopes, visions, songs and prayers with us. Their message is
about bringing balance into our relationship with Mother Earth. We
welcome the Hopi and honor all they bring to this heart warming cultural
exchange.

This is our chance to be with people who maintain a sacred way and who
look at us like peers, ready to roll up our sleeves to see how we can
put our hearts and minds together in seeking new solutions.

There will be exchanges about traditions and sustainability while the
main performances are going on. The Hopi will call forth the historical
knowledge they already have as gardeners and combine this valuable
wisdom with the best of what sustainable architects, gardeners, and
permaculture experts have to offer.

The Hopi would like a part of their reservation to become a permaculture
model for sustainable development. We are asking and exploring how we
can help support a greenhouse or sustainable garden on Hopiland and help
them prepare for their Sacred Site Run.

Come dance and join us in this collective celebration and honoring of
the Hopi on May, 6, from 12pm-5pm on the Wright Land in Malibu. The link
for this event is:
http://www.lightdancer.net/Hopi/Hopi_Celebration_flyer_2007.html
<http://www.lightdancer.net/Hopi/Hopi_Celebration_flyer_2007.html>
Please RSVP for Seating in advance