[Scpg] Looking for a source for compostable plates and forks

Shawn Waggener shwag at animail.net
Fri May 11 16:54:02 PDT 2007

does anyone know if these compostables are made from virgin corn or other foodstock?  Or is it some waste product.  I'm just wondering about the energy trail these things have.  it might take more energy to produce these biodegradable utensils than plastic ones.  they won't break down in the landfill either, because they'd be protected from the elements.  if it's possible, reusable is always the most eco-friendly option (metal or heavy duty plastic).  still, if washing is not possible, and you can really compost them, I commend your efforts!

namaste,
shaMn

Care2 make the world greener!

http://toolbar.Care2.com  Make your computer carbon-neutral (free).