[Scpg] Natural Building – Foundations to Finishes Bolinas CA July 3 – 12

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Jun 20 07:03:03 PDT 2007

July 3 – 12

Natural Building – Foundations to Finishes

With
<http://www.regenerativedesign.org/about-michael-g-smith>Michael
G. Smith, Janine
Bjornsen,<http://www.regenerativedesign.org/pennybio>
Penny Livingston-Stark,
<http://www.regenerativedesign.org/jamesbio>James Stark, and special guests!

Gain hands on experience, see inspiring slide
shows, participate in stimulating discussions,
and get involved with networking and collaborating!

If you are interested in Natural Building, you do
not want to miss this workshop! Our stellar team
of instructors will inspire and equip you with
the knowledge you need to create your own natural
building masterpieces. You will learn how to
build from start to finish with various
techniques like cob, straw bale, cordwood, and
light straw clay. Bamboo construction techniques
will be included, as well as, rocket stove fabrication and installation.

This event will be covering a wide variety of
natural building techniques including:

• Foundations – rubble trench, earth bag, peer block

• Wall systems – cob, cordwood, timber frame,
light clay, wattle and daub, woodchip clay and straw bale.

• Non-toxic roofing systems with rainwater harvesting

• Finishes – earthen plasters, natural stains, lime and milk paints

• Bamboo construction – furniture and arbors

• Rocket Stoves – construction and installation
of this super efficient wood fired heater

Cost for 10-day course: $850

Cost for 6-day option (July 3 – 8): $510

Includes campsite and organic meals!

For more information & registration go to
<http://www.regenerativedesign.org/courses-events/foundations-to-finishes%20or%20call%20415-868-9674>http://www.regenerativedesign.org/courses-events/foundations-to-finishes
<http://www.regenerativedesign.org/courses-events/foundations-to-finishes%20or%20call%20415-868-9674>
or call 415-868-9674

Greetings Everyone!

We are excited about the Natural Building
workshop we are offering this summer at
Commonweal Garden. It is turning into a
spectacular event. In addition to the incredible
professional natural builders and instructors
Michael Smith and Janine Bjornsen, we will also
have presentations from Darrel DeBoer, bamboo
architect extraordinaire, and the Kleiwerks West
Team of Marisha Farnsworth and Kevin Rowell.

Marisha and Kevin are professional natural
builders who have been working all over the
world. They will be bringing amazing bamboo
builder friends from Costa Rica, Martin and Grace
Coto, who will be teaching bamboo construction during the workshop.

This workshop is going to be a once in a lifetime
event, so we hope you can join us!  If you are
interested, we encourage you to sign up soon –
our last 2 workshops have sold out. We will also
have delicious organic food from Carin McKay and
lots of music around the campfire.

Hope to see you in July!!

Blessings,

Penny