[Scpg] Fall schedule of the Santa Barbara Organic Garden Club

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Mon Sep 17 07:02:22 PDT 2007

To members and friends of the Santa Barbara Organic Garden  Club:

Time for our fall and early winter schedule of meetings.   Unfortunately due
to the unavailability of a proper venue we have had to  postpone Julie
Cordero-Lamb's class on Zone One herbal medicine.   We  will reschedule this as soon
as possible.

Larry Saltzman
_lbsaltzman at aol.com_ (mailto:lbsaltzman at aol.com)

1.  Saturday Oct 20th. From 10 AM to Noon - BACKYARD FOOD FORESTS AND  HOW TO
USE PERMACULTURE PRINCIPLES IN YOUR GARDEN, taught by Larry  Saltzman. Learn
how to design and maintain a densely planted  garden that produces amazing
quantities of food.   Permaculture  is a design system for sustainable living on
the land.  Applying the design  principles of Permaculture to our gardens
means that every garden can be  enhanced for the production of food, fiber and
medicinal plants.  By  growing more of our own food, and eliminating the use of
high energy gardening  techniques,  we can also design gardens that connect us
to nature, provide  habitat for birds and other creatures as well as providing
food for ourselves  and our community.

RSVP to _lbsaltzman at aol.com_ (mailto:lbsaltzman at aol.com)  for  directions.

2. Saturday Nov 3rd, 10 AM to Noon - will be SEED  SAVING by Oscar Carmona of
Healing Grounds Nursery.  The class  will be followed by a pot luck lunch at
Healing Grounds  Nursery. Healing Grounds teaches groups and individuals how
to cultivate  plants in harmony with natural systems. It also produces organic
vegetable and  herb seedlings for sale to the public and connects people to
nature through  classes, workshops and lectures about sustainable landscaping
and gardening.  Healing Grounds is operated in cooperation with
Transitions-Mental Health  Association. Healing Grounds is located on San Antonio Road, ½
block north of  Calle Real.

Jan-Feb - We plan on offering a class on how to plant  bare root fruit trees.
  The exact date and time we be  announced when we know when we are picking
up the trees at Bay Laurel  Nursery in Atascadero.  So unfortunately it will be
a last minute  announcement. This class will be designed to show those who
have never planted  bare root trees how to select quality trees and how to plan
them.